20 days post op ,more pain then when I got home

TM2013
on 3/5/14 6:53 am

Hello everyone,

Hoping for some answers or advise. I had my RNY on Feb 13 and i am in more pain now then when i got home from the hospital. It started a few days after I got home but instead of getting progressively better it is getting worse. i have a bad pain on my left side. Hurts like the devil when I get up or sit down , or when i try to go to the bathroom, or when I lean forward.  Hurts to wear clothes , The pain is located on my left side a few inches below my incision. I can walk fine , I have not been doing any lifting. I have been back to Kingston and they are going to send me for an ultra sound . my incisions look great. Anyone else going through or gone through this?

broken heartangry

Leanne1
on 3/5/14 8:15 am - Newmarket, Canada

If it were me, I would be going back to the hospital where I had my surgery and get checked out by the bariatric team.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

LittleMiss2013
on 3/5/14 7:53 pm, edited 3/5/14 7:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

It COULD be one of your internal stitched pulling and tightening as it's healing and causing you pain. As scar tissue starts to form it can cause pain when moving or "pulling"....they did go through abdominal muscles etc. However, I think it's good you are going for an ultra sound. Given that you JUST had surgery and don't have x-ray vision....it's ALWAYS good to get it checked.....better safe than sorry   If your ultrasound wasn't booked via your surgeon, it would be a good idea to call his office and let him know....talk to him and see what he wants you to do. You would be surprised how many GOOD doctors don't know anything about RNY surgery, lol.

Come back and let us know the results, and I hope everything goes well

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Gabygee
on 3/6/14 4:11 am - Canada

Go to the hospital

Take this seriously

Most Active