Are you happy you did this?

HelenT
on 3/11/14 6:56 am

Hi, I'm Helen and I had the Vertical Sleeve about 2 months ago. The weight is flying off and I'm glad I did this.

Now, saying that, yes, there are some drawbacks but you just have to work thru them. I had minimal pain in the beginning but I did throw up a few times when I either ate something too fast or something that just didn't agree with me, such as scrambled egg. I also had some bathroom issues in the beginning but I just kept focusing on the big picture and my husband has been a great support.  . I have bad arthritis in my knee/back and that's one of the main reasons I had the surgery. I can walk a little better now and am almost ready to put my cane away. That's a great moment! You will know when you are ready. If you are doing it for health issues, please do it as soon as possible. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes 3 years ago and I got to go off the medicine immediately after the surgery. Now, we're working on getting me off my cholesterol & blood pressure meds. Good Luck!! Helen

Most Active