costco

michellecowles
on 3/4/14 7:05 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

I see a lot of women on here saying they buy their protein supplements, etc, at costco. Is it beneficial and cost effective to have a membership to costco for after surgery? Just wondering...

-Michelle

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

Laurie C.
on 3/4/14 8:04 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Michelle:

I belong to Costco and I buy my frozen strawberries there (6 every morning), protein drinks, oh yeah bars and some transition clothes are reasonable also.  Many people also get their vitamins at Costco so it is something worth thinking about.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

m1randa55
on 3/4/14 9:11 pm - Brantford, Canada

I buy Premier Protein ready made shakes at Costco, they have 30 grams of protein each, and are low fat, sugar and carb. You can get a membership or in my case, many of my friends and family have one, so I just go as their one allowed guest. Next year, I'll buy the membership and take them along :)

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Leanne1
on 3/4/14 9:44 pm - Newmarket, Canada

It's TOTALLY worth buying a membership for Costco! 

I get most of my meats, nuts, vitamins, protein bars, fibre bars, fruits, yoguarts, cheese... and the list goes on and on.... 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Zavz
on 3/4/14 10:44 pm - Canada

I get source yogurt, cheese strings, salsa, and this really good chicken tortilla soup in the refrigerated section there.

Needanewbeginning
on 3/4/14 11:32 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I am like Leanne, I buy everything from Costco. Especially the vitamins. The only ones I can't get there are the sublingual b12's. Everything else I buy there and they are top quality and extremely inexpensive. As I have been loosing weight I have been buying clothes there now as well, they take back everything, I mean everything! So I take back what I need in smaller sizes, its great!! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

SarahKnits
on 3/5/14 1:48 am

We have 4 kids so a costco membership is practically essential for us.  I'm still pre-op but I already buy vitamins there and have found lots of healthy foods/snacks that I enjoy that I haven't seen anywhere else.  Lately I'm loving these "Snapea" crisps...come in 100 cal bags and they're a decent snack and they're very tasty.  The only thing I do prefer to get at another grocery store is produce like fruits and veggies, particularly in the summer.  Correct me if I'm wrong ppl but I've only ever seen imported veg, never local.  It's no big deal because we head to our local Zehrs fairly often for quick pick up of certain things when we run out anyway so we just get fresh veg and fruit there.  OH and I haven't been able to find low fat cheese at costco which is annoying me.  Everything else is great.

Orientation Feb 6 @ Guelph, Nurse Feb 13, Blood Work Feb 14,

Ultrasound Feb 19, Dietican Feb 24, Social Worker Feb 25

Follow Up Appointments with all 3 Apr. 3 2014

Zizzler
on 3/5/14 8:00 am

I am pre-op and single so for me it is not worth getting a membership at this time, and I probably won't even get one after surgery either.  Once in a while I will got as a guest of a member a pick up a few things - like maybe 3 times a year.  They have good prices on greek yogurt, dog food, and premier protein shakes, and their meat is good quality.  If I had a family I would be more likely to get a membership. 

Onward and
Downward

on 3/6/14 10:51 am, edited 3/6/14 10:51 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I find it totally worth it. Would have been just for the shakes alone the first year, but even now that I'm not buying shakes, being able to buy meat at good prices, as well as my ricotta and frozen berries for much less than in the grocery stores helps too. I also got my winter and spring coats there, as well as a great pair of running shoes that I'm looking forward to wearing in the spring.  Also I drink a decent amount of milk and stuff like that is much cheaper at Costco. (Greek yogurt too, although I don't eat a lot of that.)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active