home and on the mend

hibbyangel
on 2/27/14 10:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

Well we made it home through the snow storm last night. It took a little foot work and rearranged rides but I made it safely home from the hospital. Now that I am passing gas I feel considerably better. I have a HUGE hematoma near my belly button that I can hold with both hands...hopefully that will disappear quickly. As far as pain from the hernia site..none really and I am thankful for that. The surgery seems to have resolved my severe dizziness and stomach pains...so they must have been related. Turns out that I had a small hernia and even though they did not catch my bowel twisted in the hernia, damage to the bowel suggests that it was.

To the poor girl that was just waking up as I was leaving..I'm sorry if I scared you..not everybody has this complication..but do know that complications are very real..get them checked out!

Thank you for all the well wishes in my previous post!

~Brittany~

Patm
on 2/27/14 11:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope you are on the road to better health now.

TanyaLH
on 2/28/14 6:22 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

take care and feel better soon. I too had hernia repair done this week along with gall bladder out.

speedy recovery to you 

Tanya

hibbyangel
on 2/28/14 6:59 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

to you as well!

MadMax1010
on 2/28/14 8:50 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

Glad to hear it went well, speedy recovery my friend!

Tina G.
on 3/2/14 4:15 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Just out of curiosity, where was your rny performed? I am having it done on April 9th 2014.

hibbyangel
on 3/2/14 5:04 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

dr huynh at humber river in toronto did my surgery july 17th 2013. He also repaired the hernia. Good luck with your surgery..it is one heck of a ride!

Tina G.
on 3/5/14 3:51 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

How are you feeling now? Better I hope. are things going well for you? My surgery is with Dr.Klein at Humber on Finch St. Pre op is the 18th of Mar and Opti starts on the 26th of the month. let me know how things are going for you. How many nights did you stay in hospital?

hibbyangel
on 3/5/14 4:31 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I am feeling much better. I have just been taking regular tylenol through the day..and just one pain killer at night. I just heard from the doctors offi e yesterday and it looks like a full month before I am allowed back to work (I am a PSW). 

For the hernia repair I was admitted Tuesday evening. Had my surgery Wednesday afternoon..and was allowed to go home after I atr dinner on Thursday. 

When I had gastric bypass in July..I had to stay an extra day because of serveral errors the nurses made and I was throwing up for the first 2 days while I was there. Just make sure if you think something isnt right..speak up. They seriously unhooked my IV before dr orders were carried out, they forgot to change my diet to full fluid which caused me to stay longer then necessary. They also ignored call bells..requests for towels..gave serious attitude when I questioned these behaviours. I am not a needy person and I am soft spoken so I easily get pushed off. Just dont let it happen to you. Going in for my second surgery I knew what to expect..was on the same floor even..i wouldnt allow them to ignore me..sometimes call bell was rung 6 times.but eventually they came. 

Opti is hard...but it really is mind over matter. I worked the whole time and could barely lift my legs at the end of my shift. ..but I have a busy job. If i had to do it again I would have stayed home for it. 

Good Luck..this is the best decision you will ever make!

Most Active