Post-ops gone???

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 5:46 am

What happens to people after surgery?  Its like after surgery they post that it is complete and then "poof" they are gone and no further information.  Well, I would like to know how you guys are doing so please post.  I miss you and hope you are all doing fantastic!  

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/14 5:52 am

I was just thinking about that yesterday.  One version is everything went great and they are on their way to success. Other version is - there were complications. My mind goes to the complications and I get nervous. Guys, please post, share your stories.

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 7:07 am

A few people have shared and it was super helpful so I hope they post more too.

taniagirlca
on 2/24/14 6:15 am

i will do if I can just get to have my surgery , still waiting.....

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 7:10 am

Hang in there taniagirlca, you will get there!  I know, grrr the waiting

taniagirlca
on 2/24/14 7:35 am

thanks zizzler, do you have a meet the surgeon appointment yet? Yes its been over a year for me now and still waiting ...

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 7:52 am

lol  I hear you my friend...

Passed my nut/beh a few weeks ago and no word yet on a date for my pre-op or meet the surgeon.  I am going to call tomorrow and check to see everything is ok. Who knows, maybe they need some other test or something.  The waiting is really hard. 

G_mama_d
on 2/24/14 7:01 am - North Bay, Canada

Hello, i am 9.5 weeks post op. Things are going well,no complications at all. Only had one episode of eating too much too fast. Trust me you only do that once!!!! Agony for 5 hours, wouldnt go down or come up. That was at about week 4.  I was not working when i had my surgery, but was offered a full time job 2 weeks ago, it is not in the field i have worked for the last 30 years. Soooo there has been some stress and i'm happy to report that i am NOT turning to food for stress relief. Takes a little planning to make sure i bring ebpniugh food for the day. But i track everything in a book, have been doing it daily since surgery, it helps. Also only weigh myself once a week. Its hard not to compare your weight loss against others, but i am doing my best to remind myself this is my journey and it will not be the same as anybody else. Good luck everyone, one day at a time.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 7:05 am

Thank you for posting and glad to hear you are doing well.  Congratulations on the job - sounds great!  Do you find that you are not hungry at all at this point?  I have heard others say that and was curious...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

KerryF.
on 2/24/14 7:07 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I'm 19 weeks post op tomorrow and only 1 time I had ate too much too fast at about week 4 too!! and she is right! you only do that once.  Zero side affects otherwise and in a great routine of new and good habits.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Most Active