Finally Received Orientation letter

Carbasics
on 2/23/14 10:14 pm - Etobicoke, Canada

hey everyone, I finally recieved the orientation letter to go the session this April 30th at Toronto Western Hospital, I've been waiting since September of 2013. Does anyone know how long the process is going to take until I actually get a date for the surgery? help

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

Natyrie82
on 2/23/14 10:29 pm - London, Canada

In Windsor they say its a year from the time you do your orientation to the time of surgery  

Caroline K.
on 2/24/14 1:28 am

Guelph seems to be closer to 16 months, roughly, from what I've heard/seen.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Can_Lil_Saint
on 2/24/14 2:11 am - Georgetown, Canada

Someone asked this when I was there on February the 12th and she (the lady at the front of the room) said that she wouldn't give an timeline so that she wouldn't have repercussions.  Some folks in the audience said 6 months and another gal said a year. 

She also said that since the 2 hospitals share the registry they like to balance out the patient lists. so if one hospital has 63 patients and another only has 30 they will start booking the one that has 30.

When you are there, make sure you have a pen ready......there is some forms that need to be filled out and you will also have a package of "homework" to do for you first appointment.  They will have 2 appointments already booked for you when you leave the orientation.

I asked about Guelph since everything she was talking about was Toronto Eastern, Toronto Western or St Mike's.  She said that if I wanted to go to Guelph I should have had my orientation session there.  So I guess I am off to Toronto for my surgery LOL

Carbasics
on 2/24/14 3:29 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Thanks ladies for the response, I actually called in today to see if there were any classes with a sooner date and there was, so Now I'm booked for April 9th instead

(Happy Dance)But hopefully it does go fast, my original family doctor said he sent the referral since Sept 2013. I would call the secretary to hear if she had any contact with the registry, she would say no not yet. Then Finally on the end of January 2014 I called her again and she went to ask the doctor. Then found out they haven't even filled and haven't even faxed it at all. its just sitting there, She told me that the doctor will do it in his convenience, I was very upset but I started calling doctors offices and found one. So I told him the story about me waiting and that the other doctor hadn't even sent my refferal, so then he did my referral the same day and even told me to go with him to the fax machine and sent it, He said good luck and I hope everything turns out great :) 

He was such a nice doctor :)

thank ladies :)

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

taniagirlca
on 2/24/14 7:42 am

My referral went in a year ago and i had my orientation in June 2013. I am only just meeting the surgeon next week and then they said it could be another 3-5 months to get a surgery date. Its a very long process however I am going through Ottawa. I heard that Toronto was faster?

michellecowles
on 2/24/14 7:54 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

im not having my surgery at TWH but I am going to HRRH for surgery.. from the time of orientation to the time of surgery it will be 10 months! I'm assuming it should be around the same time for TWH, but it all depends on what tests the doctor will require you to have.. it varies from person to person. 

Hope that helps! 

-Michelle

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

Most Active