Surgery tomorrow, but...

Mrs_Rolo
on 2/23/14 1:57 am - Waterloo, Canada

Tomorrow I am having knee replacement surgery. I am so nervous that I feel sick to my stomach.  Not so much with the surgery (although they don't put you right out & I am not thrilled with that). More the recovery process.  I was told at Guelph that my file is put on hold until I can walk without a cane.  I am really hoping that in six weeks I will be able to call them & get back on the list.  I am at the point where the next step is to see the surgeon.  I know that losing a large amount of weight will be most beneficial with my knee.  I am looking forward to being able to walk etc. & do things that I haven't been able to do for almost 1 1/2 years.  Thanks for letting me ease my nerves a bit!

Natyrie82
on 2/23/14 2:53 am - London, Canada

I know how much the WLS means to you but please don't push your recovery of you knee replacement. you will just do more damage in the end and it might even effect on how your WLS goes and you don't want that you would want the best result out of both surgeries. I know how frustrating it can be to be told that you cant proceed until you can walk unassisted but they are doing that to help you have the best weight loss you can get. Be patient and you will have great success

Patm
on 2/23/14 8:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck tomorrow. I hope your recovery is as fast as you want

hibbyangel
on 2/23/14 11:15 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

Good Luck today! My mom had her knee replaced in December and was up walking without any assisted devices within 4 weeks. She is pretty stubborn though, but I am amazed at how well she is able to move in such a short amount of time! 

Most Active