What the heck? I'm growing half a moustache.

Katie M.
on 2/22/14 2:47 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Hopefully with weight loss your hormones will balance out. After talking to a few people today I think that's what mine must be, hormones on the craze for whatever reason. For now I can disguise it with makeup, fingers crossed it doesn't get worse or stay around too long! Fingers crossed as you lose weight things will improve in the hormonal area :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

nana_hi
on 2/22/14 1:44 am

From my experience threading is the best way to get rid of facial hair, I find it if I use the tweezers it comes back thicker. Hope it helps!.

Katie M.
on 2/22/14 2:49 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks! I work with a lady who does threading and that was her suggestion too. For now I can cover it up with makeup, but if it gets worse or doesn't go away I think threading or electrolysis will be the way to go!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/14 8:44 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Testosterone is stored in fat so as you lose weight, it has to go somewhere and since men get facial hair, we often will too during rapid weight loss.  Our estrogen gets released as well when we lose and then we end up super emotional from that hormone.  I think once your weight loss slows down you won't see it but I think you will have to deal with what has grown as it isn't just going to fall out and stay out or at least I don't think it will. I ended up with dark hairs on my chin that never went away so electrolysis is what I did.

Katie M.
on 2/25/14 9:52 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Yes, makes sense! I definitely had the crazy estrogen release, and I guess now it's testosterone. I talked to the nurse at TWH yesterday and she said it's totally normal, and it may go away or look less noticeable after a few months, but it may also stay there forever as yours did. Electrolysis would be my first choice for sure. 

aidan
on 2/22/14 11:46 pm - Canada

I absolutely grew a pre-pubescent boy mustache a few months back..over night and dark. Now I wax it but it has really calmed down. oh the joys!

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/14 11:47 pm

i am just thinking of my poor husband, the things he will have to endure... Mood swings, farting and cherry on top - bearded lady. Sexy time :)

Katie M.
on 2/25/14 9:57 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Strangely, I hardly had any gas post op! I burped a bit but no gas pain and very little farting. The only gas now comes from the large quantities of broccoli I eat, but it's not half as bad as the gas that came from my poor diet pre-op ;) Not loving the moustache, but my mood swings have died down. Your husband will have a few months of suffering but then you should be back to normal! Fingers crossed you don't grow any of this lovely facial hair though, lol. 

Katie M.
on 2/25/14 9:54 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Yup, I have the teen-stache too. Glad to hear yours has calmed down with waxing ;) Hopefully it will start to go away soon!

Rebecca1966
on 2/23/14 12:26 am - OK
VSG on 11/21/13
Most Active