cant keep food down

lonelyintoronto
on 2/19/14 1:08 am - Canada

I having difficulty keeping food down. am I eating too much or too little? when I drink am totally fine but the moment I eat I start to throw back the food I just ate with white foam ,I don't have a pain and I feel much better when my stomach is empty. I tried to call the Humber river clinic and left mesg and am still waiting call back from them.

Patm
on 2/19/14 1:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Would need more info. When was your surgery. What sort of things are you trying to eat. Are you chewing it enough or stopping between mouthfuls. Perhaps need to eat less per spoonful?

lonelyintoronto
on 2/19/14 2:10 am - Canada

I had my surgery 14 jan 2014 so am post 5weeks. im still afraid to eat solid foods as of yet.. I usually have plain yogurt ,soup cans and some times roman salad with vinager and the nasty protein shake(premier protein). lately I kinda feel my food got stuck and I have to help with my finger to return what have I eaten. is that normal? or should I feel alarm? it only happens when I eat not when I only drink..

ama

Patm
on 2/19/14 3:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Most plans would say that salad is a little early esdpecially with vinegar which is acidic. Call you centre and talk to diatitian and get clarification as to what you should be consuming

Needanewbeginning
on 2/19/14 4:58 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I am sorry to hear your not feeling well. I agree with Pat, salad is far too soon this early out. I am thru HRRH as well and salads were not on my plan back last May, but you never know it may have been added? 

Do you have a booklet on ideas to eat at your stage? Eat very very slowly, like have a *****ew it to liquid swallow and wait a few minute and repeat. If you can get down even a quarter cup at this stage that's either the wrong foods your eating or something possibly like a sicture. 

If you don't hear back, you need to keep calling and tell them you have left messages and need help now, right now.

Take care and good luck let us know how you make out ok?

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Hennagirliegirl
on 2/19/14 6:06 am - Canada

Hi, All raw veggies and fruits are LAST to be added, that means for each individual this could be a few months to several months.

As I'm sure you've read here some people never do tolerate certain things. If you are iritating your little new thumb tummy it will only become inflammed, sad, and fight back! Perhapsmyou should go back to basics and proceed slowly,and according to the guidelines.

You should still contact HRH and get their input of course.

Good luck

Terri

Test

lonelyintoronto
on 2/19/14 6:37 am - Canada

THANK YOU ALL .I appreciate all your input. I will call the centre again tomorrow .

birdiegirl
on 2/19/14 7:55 pm

I am glad you are contacting your centre.....sounds to me like a stricture....which can happen and is easily fixed....if you are having problems throwing up yogurt and to have to try and pick food out of your throat.....

Good luck

Most Active