What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 2/18/14 6:13 pm

RNY  4 Years 10 Months Post Op

Morning

Full of cold and cough today.....at least the vertigo has resolved.....chores today....out for dinner for a friends birthday this evening to the same place I spent mine.....wonderful dining on the beach watching the sunset......I told them I had a cold in case they wanted to go alone....fortunately we are outside and not in an enclosed space with my germs

STEPS - 2250...slept most of the day

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

premier protein shake

L - 1 Arnolds 100 calorie wheat thin bun

ham-cheese-pickle

S - 4 triscuits with cheese

D - glass of champagne

6 oz sea bass

couple bites of veg

1 piece of hot sourdough

2 bites of birthday dessert

S - greek yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,445,  Carbs - 127 grams,  Fat - 53 grams,  Protein - 106 grams

All water.....decaf coffee....all vits

Have a great one  

Sunny123
on 2/18/14 8:26 pm, edited 2/18/14 8:50 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

10 weeks +

Glad your vertigo has settled Barb. Sounds like you’ll have a great evening despite your cold. Your friends sound wonderful. I hope you feel better, soon!

Weighed in a day early – not sure why – 3.9 pounds lost and 3.9 is average loss. I think that is pretty good (that includes the stall). I’m happy. If I keep this up (I will continue what I am doing), I may make the 100 lbs lost for my 50th Birthday in October.

B- iogo vanilla (accidently did not buy greek); all max protein powder

S- baby carrot

Lunch –1 cup of my TVP meatless chilli - not liking the carbs in this so I will re-enter the recipie

S- 25 g bulk barn mixed nuts unsalted no peanuts

Dinner –creamy curried chicken rice

FITNESS PAL Calories 916 Carbs 75 Fat 33 Protein 84

Have a good one friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 2/18/14 9:35 pm

Sounds like that would be the 'best' birthday present of all.......good for you!!

Patm
on 2/18/14 8:37 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Sorry to hear you have a cold. Hope you enjoy your dinner. Funny when we were in Cuba never saw a sunset. I went down behind buildings. But I could sure use some of that warmth again.

Going to see the Chill tonight with my SIL. I never saw it when it was out years ago. Unfortunately dinner will be a food court. Have to try to find something healthy.

b greek yogurt granola, blueberries

s baby bel

l ham and pea soup, oopsie bread, apple

s pure protein bar

d no idea

s almonds

so far 956, carb 80, prot 79

birdiegirl
on 2/18/14 9:36 pm

You're talking about the movie right?.......

Patm
on 2/18/14 10:02 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Yes although the weather could be called that as well.

Foy
on 2/18/14 10:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

5 Months post op

I really need to stretch more before walking/ hiking with the dog. After so much inactivity I find that I am using muscles I haven't in years, the way I walk has changed. No more small step shuffle, I take longer strides and up the hills which in turn work more. I can feel it in my hips and butt this week. I have to admit I like it.... 

I have a busy week with work and a busy weekend too so I am trying to fit a whole bunch of things in. I want to go to the Outdoor Adventure Show at the International Centre but most of my friends are busy so I think I am going to just go on my own. Something I wouldn't have done before. 

I found a gym and will be signing up the beginning of March - Woot!!

B - Protein coffee

S- Babybel

L - Moroccan soup, protein powder

S - Edamame

D -  probably chicken, veggies

S - Protein Bar

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

Onward and
Downward

on 2/19/14 12:50 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb!  Well, almost afternoon...I hope you're feeling better soon and have a nice night out with your friends.

Went to my CBT session yesterday and it was very helpful. Had a bit of an "enlightening" around my thought processes that I'm hoping will be helpful. Still tracking my food as I eat it for the CBT. 

This morning has been busy already.  Started out by swimming (finally!) again.  Haven't done that in months.  Then I went to a cycle shop just to look around because I'm interested in maybe riding a bike in the spring, although I was skeptical about my ability to do so, since I've had no stamina whatsoever for bikes in the past.  Well, he let me test drive one around the neighbourhood, and I had no problem riding it at all!  2 km like nothing.  I felt it in the legs, definitely.  When I got back to the shop after that, even though I said I wasn't going to buy right now, you know what happened. Yes, I bought it.  Charge it!  It's being fitted with the accessories as I type, and I'll be picking it up in an hour or two.  I'm very excited about it, but I'm also a bit shocked at myself. It wasn't exactly an "impulse purchase" because I have been thinking about getting a decent bike for a couple of months now.  But I've had a lot of other impulse purchases lately.  I think I might be transferring addictions - handling not compulsive eating by compulsively spending.  And while I could afford a little more compulsive spending with the upgraded job, I'm moving back to the previous job in a few weeks.  And we have lots of debt already on things like the house renovations and stuff.  So I'm going to have to get a handle on this.  I don't suppose there are any overspending support groups for people who have had bariatric surgery? LOL.  (Hey, Pat, feel like going for a bike ride? I wanna play with my new toy!)

Anyhow, I'm feeling okay today.  No tears yet (which I've had whenever I think about the family situation much), so that's an improvement.  I'll be spending the day working on reading on the family issue I'm off on leave for, and getting some things done around that. 

1 YEAR, 3 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - African chicken peanut stew (I had it cooking in the crock pot overnight and just had to taste it this morning)

L - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mixed with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

S - 1 oz brie with cucumber slices as "crackers"

D - More African chicken peanut stew (did I mention that it yielded FIFTEEN CUPS? Eep.)

S - Probably a glass of skim milk

TOTALS: I have no idea of the totals right now because I haven't calculated the chicken peanut stew yet.  It will be high in protein, but also likely very high in fat due to the natural peanut butter in it. 

Hope everyone has a great day! 

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 2/19/14 1:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Love to go for a ride but I am a warm weather biker. I think Deidre is more an all weather girl.

Onward and
Downward

on 2/19/14 3:51 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I think I remember that now...anyhow, I've already rode 9.2 km just running errands today.  Not all at once, of course!  My limit seems to be about 4 or 5 km before I start trembling from exhaustion, and that's on relatively flat terrain...I think I'll be walking it up hills for a while!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active