What are you doing/eating today ( Monday)

birdiegirl
on 2/16/14 7:15 pm

RNY  4 Years 10 Months Post Op

Morning

This whole week is going to be a brutal eating week.....I am out for lunch and dinner almost every day......today especially will be difficult.....feeling punkie so my activities wont be high.....going to a fabulous Italian restaurant this evening.....I have volunteered to drive to everything this week so at least I am not tempted to drink any wine.....a bit of a calorie saving....I am guestimating my calories....it may be higher or lower....but I always suspect higher because I am not sure how some of the food will be cooked......and then there is the salt issue......no scale this week......

STEPS - 9560.....

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Thai chop salad with chicken and avocado

D - small piece of appetizer pizzetta

2 bites of a shared pasta appetizer

Red snapper - 5 oz

couple of bites of veg

2 bites of my DH's dessert

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,687,  Carbs - 137 grams,  Fat - 91 grams,  Protein - 94 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   

Sunny123
on 2/16/14 7:40 pm, edited 2/16/14 7:41 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

10 weeks +

Happy Family day everyone!

Barb - Sounds like you have a great social life down there. I am sure you’re going to do just fine. And it’s only a few days. Hope you feel better before you head out tonight.

Dinner went well at the inlaws although it turned into a work session. Felt bad, my MIL is such a great cook. She didn't pressure me into eating more than I should - she is happy I am getting healthy.

Was to present a competing offer today - rushed home to write it up, got my boxing gloves out ready for a fight, only to wake up to a note saying my client changed his mind. It's the nature of the business but it is too bad it ruined my evening out at the IL's....oh well, I get a day off!

B- Premier Protein Shake

S- hummus and carrot

Lunch –Hard boiled egg, ½ c cottage cheese (with hot sauce)

S- iogo blueberry greek yogurt – all max protein powder

Dinner –creamy curried chicken, ¼ c basmati rice (my family refuse to eat brown rice), brussel sprouts

FITNESS PAL Calories 961 Carbs 57 Fat 31 Protein 119

Have a good one friends!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 2/16/14 8:52 pm

Cottage cheese with hot sauce sounds great!.....its amazing all the different things people add to cottage cheese...

I hope the people who changed their minds....change once again.......and you can get those boxing gloves on again!

TanyaLH
on 2/16/14 8:02 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

8.5 Months post-op

Steps-10689

Good morning Ladies!

Looks like another cold and possibly snowy day here today...it is really starting to get to me. I can feel myself getting alittle depressed. Every year I get like this around the middle of Febuary. Hopefully the snow ends soon and the warmer weather  starts sneaking in.

You are a busy lady Barb! I hope you enjoy all your outings this week .

Sunny, I am sorry your evening at IL's got ruined. Yay for days off!! Can't believe the nxt holiday with be in late April with Easter!

I will be off work for a couple of weeks starting on the 26 of this month for gallbladder surgery! I am getting nervous...

B-Protien coffee, 1/2 cup Source Cherry yogurt

S- Small mandarine orange w/1 oz LF cheese

L-1/2 cup chili made with ground chicken

D-Turkey Taco lettuce Wraps (2) 1/4 Kale salad with poppyseed dressing

S- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt with SF pudding powder, 2 graham crackers.

Have an awesome Family Day Everyone!!!

birdiegirl
on 2/16/14 8:53 pm

I am so lucky to miss most of this winter.......can sure understand feeling a little depressed.......hopefully only a few more weeks before it at least gets above freezing

libra1
on 2/16/14 8:56 pm, edited 2/16/14 8:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.5 lbs, CW - 217 lbs, Total Lost - 68.5 lbs

Enjoy Family Day!

Today’s menu is...

B- Oatmeal with ground flaxseed and cinnamon

S- Premier Protein Shake

L- 2 boiled eggs and FF Miracle Whip

D- Cottage cheese and ketchup

S- Skinny latte

Cal-621, Carbs-33, Fat-22, Protein- 76 Sugar-12, Chol-35

Onward and
Downward

on 2/16/14 10:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb!  I was just reading an article and it made me think about you (and Tracey, actually) since you both seem to have insomnia quite a bit.  I've never even heard of some of these alternative sleep cycles before, and I have no idea whether it's even medically sound, but it was interesting so I thought I'd share:

Alternative sleep cycles: You don't really need 6-8 hours

Today: Tidying the house because my mom is coming to visit me for a few days this week.  Going out for lunch with my cousin and her husband. Having mostly leftovers today from Thai takeout from Friday.

I am off work for the next three weeks on sick leave (to start - hopefully that is all the time I need) due to family issues causing super stress, and I'm feeling a bit lost. Work kind of defines my life, always has, and it's very strange for me not to be working.  But my doctor said I have to take some time off, so that's what I'm doing.  So I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to do during these three weeks to deal with the family situation.  My doctor has given me some reading to do on the issue that my family is dealing with in order to figure out how we can cope with the issue itself as well as the resulting stress.  I don't want to be off work for any longer than three weeks, so I'm trying to use my time well.  My doctor also said that I have to rest and take care of myself too.  But my problem is, without the structure that work brings into my life, my sleep goes haywire because I stay up too late and sleep in and nap during the day and throw myself off.  So I'm going to try to make sure I still have some structure to my days.  And I'm also trying to focus on really working that CBT I'm signed up for at TWH, and making sure I still get some exercise.  And I'm also going to try not to spend much money, since my income will basically be cut in half during these three weeks.  That's my other problem - when I'm off work, it's very easy to fill my days by going out and spending money.  I used to hate shopping, but since losing weight, the shopping bug has crept up on me. Have to work on that, too.  I have enough stuff!

B - glass of milk when I woke up this morning. 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup frozen berries (will have after writing this post)

S - maybe some Thai leftovers - meat and veggies

L - No idea where we're going for lunch, but I'll pick something with lean protein and veggies.  Maybe a chicken salad of some kind - I haven't had enough greens lately.

S - More Thai leftovers

D - More Thai leftovers - that should take care of the rest of it.

S - Probably a glass of milk

TOTALS - no totals since I'm not sure what I'm having or how much of it for most of the day, but I'll track throughout the day.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 2/16/14 10:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am sorry you are having all this stress. If i can be of any help please let me know. Or if you want to do some yoga to help relax.

Onward and
Downward

on 2/16/14 11:26 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks, Pat.  I really appreciate it.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Julia P.
on 2/17/14 5:17 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm sorry that things are so stressful for you right now. :(  I hope the few weeks away from work help, although I totally understand what you mean about the lack of structure in a day without work. 

Take good care of yourself!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Most Active