Home after 1 night!!!

bikinibound2014
on 2/12/14 4:27 am

I had my surgery yesterday and so far so very good! I was sick a few times in the recovery room but after that my nausea left and I felt OK. Now I'm having a few gas pains here and there but Dr. Pereira-Hong agreed that I could go home this afternoon!  I've been able to get in my fluids and walk around as much as I can.  I'm really thankful now to be home in my bed and unhitched from the IV stand.  That thing gets in the way of everything!!  Now let the fun begin

Vanessa

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

RYMEBE73
on 2/12/14 4:48 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

Glad that everything worked out great for you!  You're on the bench!  LOL...good luck and let us know how things are going...especially for us who are at the beginning stages (again)

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/14 5:02 am

Wow... so happy for you!!! That IV stand was hooked up to me for 2 days... pain in the ass it was lol. But I had a few complications, Just remember to rest, rest, rest. 

sweetaypie
on 2/12/14 6:01 am

Your new journey has now begun, hope things go well for you, take your time and get lots of rest :)   Keep up posted~

Mrs_Rolo
on 2/12/14 6:19 am - Waterloo, Canada

That's amazing!  I was thinking of you yesterday & hoping all went well.

Super job Vannesa - take it easy!

bikinibound2014
on 2/12/14 7:29 am

thanks everyone! I'm trying to get my fluids in.  I must be doing well because I'm peeing lots! It's the gas pain that is the most uncomfortable but when it passes it feels better. I'm trying to avoid taking Tylenol 2 but it's on hand just in case.

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

Hennagirliegirl
on 2/12/14 7:45 am - Canada

That's great news, it is soo much easier to be at home recovering. Cheers!

Terri

Test

Patm
on 2/12/14 8:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats on being home so fast. Take the pain pills for a few days if they make you more comfortable

Coco2013
on 2/12/14 8:53 am

wow thats great Vanessa, the new journey begins and all the best and a speedy recovery

Northernlightsmom
on 2/12/14 9:52 pm - Canada

So glad everything went well. Take care and get lots of rest.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Most Active