Disappointed with TWH

Zmimshen
on 2/12/14 3:24 am - Canada
RNY on 01/15/13

I am finally less then a week away from my one year follow up. 

I set up these 3 meetings months ago... I have not been there since my 3 months appointment due to the whole thing with my husband and the separation and today I get a call saying that they have to reschedule the NP!

I am so upset and disappointed... It takes me over an hour to get there... That is why I set this up months ago... ARRRRGH!

And the receptionist pissed me off so badly.... I know they have lives too and things happen but still ... Get someone to cover the damn shift!

I am not going to reschedule... I have given up on this ****ty program... 

Done venting now...

Orientation: Apr. 3, 2012; SW&NP: May 29, 2012; Nutrition class: June 19, 2012; Nutritionist: Aug. 29, 2012; Surgeon: Nov. 9, 2012; Surgery date:January 15, 2013; Highest weight: 357     Start of Opti weight: 338.6     Surgery Weight: 322.4   

mynderella
on 2/12/14 3:55 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'm sorry that you are disappointed, but, not following up is not hurting the program...it can hurt you.  So in a day or two, after you have regained your bearings, I encourage you to reschedule.

Myndy

Mary Gee
on 2/12/14 7:21 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

"****ty Program"?  You reached goal didn't you?  I know you put a lot of work and effort into it, beause it's not just about the surgery, it's the lifestyle change too.  Reading your recent posts, looks like you're having some issues and you have a lot on your plate.  I got pissed off when I showed up for a long-awaited appointment and was told the doctor was out of the office for the week and "I should have gotten a letter".  I was tear-assed - especially by the nurse's attitude - no apology for my inconveniencel  But I cooled down and rescheduled.  Had to wait another 6 weeks, after waiting over 10 weeks for the original appointment.  I have to travel to my appointments too.

I know it's frustrating - but it's a life-long battle.  Don't let one person derail you. 

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Nanato2
on 2/12/14 11:13 am, edited 2/12/14 11:14 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Yes you made the appointment however, some things happen such as people getting sick or kids or family members getting sick where they have to stay home as for getting someone to cover the shift they can not do that because the other NP are fully booked with bariatric patients that have appointments scheduled.

As for TWH having a ****ty program I have to totally disagree their program is great if you follow the things they ask you to do. They never cancelled your previous appointments that was you because you never went. I have been to every one of my appointments yes I have had to have a couple resheduled oh well it is something that happens in the medical field. 

Hope you felt better after your rant.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

QoftheU
on 2/12/14 1:02 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

We all have ****ty days.  And what they did was ****ty too, although I'm sure it was unintentional.  I know you're dissapointed and frustrated - I would be too!

But now, it's time to suck it up and move forward.  You've accomplished an AMAZING challenge - you are a SUCCESS story.

So my guess is that this is just a knee-jerk reaction (an understandable rant), but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!  Take a breather, sleep on it, and just like you do every day to get to your goal, keep on keepin on.

The LAST person you want to hurt is YOU.  As the saying goes, don't cut off your nose to spite your face!

Hang in there and then reschedule.  **** happens and then we move on.

There's a saying from Lao Zsu I think is appropos here:

“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

So stay in the present and be at peace.  It'll all work out!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Tracy D.
on 2/12/14 11:30 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

LOVE the saying!  Gonna print this out and pin it up 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

QoftheU
on 2/13/14 1:05 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

He was a wise man!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Mary A.
on 2/18/14 11:01 pm

After I had surgery in Duluth, Minnesota, I never went back to see anyone.  I was lucky enough to have a GP here in Thunder Bay that has taken a keen interest in Bariatrics and being that he is a retired surgeon I have followed up with him.

You are upset because it's an hour away..my follow-up trips would have been three hours (each way)..so an hr although inconvenient...isn't that bad.

Actually my surgery was almost cancelled as my original surgeon had a death in the family (his own child)..so there was a lot of shuffling around to get me into someone else's already packed schedule.

So as angry/upset/frustrated you are..if you have a need to follow up..and you have questions that can't be addressed by your family doctor, then you should continue on the band wagon, no matter how tenious it is.

I fyou are doing well and don't have any true concerns...or worries...then maybe you don't truly need a follow-up..please understand I am NOT telling you not to go...

I did fine with no follow-up and I am 5 yrs post-op..I am finding the last 6 months the most difficult yet and have learned that my stress leads to my overeating..not to mention an ulcer...oh well life goes on and time to get back on track\

All the best

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active