Feeling full

soon2be2
on 2/10/14 3:03 am - Canada

I am almost two weeks post op . I dont really get a full feeling and sometimes feel still hungry after my meals , I switched to full fluids to see if this helps but I feel as if my stomach can hold more than it should . Has anyone experienced this. im affraid I will stretch or damage something?

Patm
on 2/10/14 3:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

YOu will not strtetch your pouch this early on. Fluids flow out of your stomach faster than regualr food. Try to follow your centres guidelines and hopefully you will find you are full. Also try waiting 1/2 hour and distract yourself. It may be you are thirsty. Your body sometimes will make you think you are hungry when you actually need water.

Head hungry can rear it's ugly head as well

Jessica S.
on 2/10/14 3:46 am - Ottawa, Canada

Remember all your nerve endings are shot right now so everything is numb, the signals aren't there yet. Trust me if you eat too much you will know lol it will come right back out.

Hennagirliegirl
on 2/10/14 10:40 pm - Canada

I didn't get that " full" feeling until I was eating solids. During the liquid,full fld, and even some puree it goes through your pouch quick so you can't expect to feel that.

At this point don't worry about that, get your protein in and then some and you will be fine.

Terri

Test

soon2be2
on 2/11/14 5:40 am - Canada

thanks for the advice

Most Active