Breakfast ideas please

Jessica S.
on 2/9/14 9:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hi everyone, so I am really focusing on correcting some of my bad habits I have picked up recently, so I am doing it one meal at a time. Now for breakfast I have been having a Protein shake with milk but I feel like it isn't enough, I have a lot of food allergies so that makes some of my old good snacks impossible for me, suggestions would be great.

Allergies - fruit with pit, carrots, cherries and almonds.

The bad habits I have taken up are crappy snacks, like chocolate gronola bars, fruit rollups and gushers (same type things as fruit rollups).

I really am trying to come up with some ideas, not crazy about yogurt these days. I do like peperrette and cheese.

What are you turning too for breakfast and snacks?

kristaeb
on 2/9/14 9:59 pm

Are you okay with eggs?. I sometimes make a 1 egg omlet with LF cheese and veggies on the weekend.I do the yogurt as well. I am sure others will chime in..Congrats on your weight loss. Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Leanne1
on 2/10/14 12:01 am - Newmarket, Canada

- Eggs.. scrambled, overhard, over easy, omelet (so many different ways to make those). I also like to to scramble them, add bacon and/or some peppers or mushrooms or other veggies; put the liquid mixture into a 9x9 baking pan and bake until a knife (toothpick) comes out clean, tada- fritatta (or crustless quiche). 

- oatmeal

- greek yoguart... plain; or add fruit; add sweetner (of your choice); or add granola

- cottage cheese... plain; or add fruit

Sometimes, I take 1/2cup greek yoguart, 1/2cup cottage cheese, mix together and blend until smooth, add 1tsp vanilla and a packet of sweetner... makes a niice little HIGH protein snack/treat

- cherrios, or honey nut cherrios or a high protein cereal (such as Special K Protein cereal, it has 10g protein and 9g fibre)

Hope this helps :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Catw
on 2/10/14 12:30 am - Arnprior, Canada

Breakfast can be anything you want it to be.  Leftovers can be breakfast if you want.  What about making some eggbites ahead?  Or I was told to try a wrap with a cheese string and spinach (microwave to slightly melt the cheese).  Or having banana and PB.  To have a healthier fruit roll up, you could make your own, then you control the ingredients.  Make a wrap using lettuce instead of tortias.  Check out the recipe website here, and check out egg face's website.  It might inspire you for something to eat.  You can also make your own protein bars, I've seen reciepes for that.  You can make high protein muffins.

Good luck with your suggestions.

Cathy

reenie33
on 2/10/14 1:03 am

I enjoy egg whites (from the carton) I measure out 1/2 cup nuke it without anything else 2 mins, add a cheese slice and a tbsp salsa soooo good and quick and it is 18 g of protein

Laurie C.
on 2/10/14 10:18 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I have a protein drink (Premier chocolate) followed by 6 strawberries with Equal, topped with cool whip.

Every morning

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Monica M.
on 2/10/14 8:36 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

whatever meals you like (be it lunchy, dinnery things, or breakfasty things) eat for breakfast. eg. if you really like chicken and salsa, have that for breakfast.

Moselle
on 2/11/14 8:56 am - Athens, Canada

I don't like to eat when I first get up but I know it's important to eat breakfast so I take mine to work with me.  I have 3 tbsp of cottage cheese with about 1/4 of mixed berries, 1 small banana. Just before I eat it I add a sprinkle of Bran Buds and Granola.

Snacks I usually have cheese or yogurt.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/14 9:43 am

When I woke up, I usually drink Lemon warm water first before eating breakfast. Egg and bread is my usual breakfast.

Most Active