stalls

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/14 8:35 pm

probably the #1 topic on here.  but i don't want to continuously bore you all with my whining about my ongoing stall saga.  alas, it seems like i have hit another bump == this time going on about 1.5 weeks.  i am actually getting royally fed up.  going up and down by about 1-2 lbs daily and always resting at my current low.  i know i am getting a decent amount of calories, carbs, and maybe i should be bumping up my protein a bit more.  

but serouslly -- enough is enough.  

i don't know how to searhc this site to see if there is a section for stall whining.  can someone point me in the right direction please?  thanks.

birdiegirl
on 2/1/14 9:09 pm

Hi

Anything I read re VSG indicates you should "undereat" your sleeve until goal is reached......I dont know what you are eating.....but perhaps if you gave us some idea of your numbers it might help us help you...

I think you are right to be concerned.....maybe you are just going to be a slow loser.....but they get to goal too......but I agree its time for a bit of concern re your weight loss to date.....you might need to shake things up....either going very low carb....which means higher protein....( are you 80 - 100 grams per day of protein?)........or if your calores are super low.....500 and under....maybe adding 100 calories to see if you can shake it up

its tough to try and help until we know the details......and you might not be comfortable with sharing your eating ......I would also advise going on the VSG forum......I have learned great things on that forum and continue to read it daily for tips......especially now that I am almost 5 years out and my malabsorption is gone.....

Good luck.....just my opinion....but I think you should try some action rather then wait longer to see if "all of a sudden" the weight begins to drop significantly

Katie M.
on 2/1/14 11:36 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

In month three I stalled for 4 weeks. I think it's pretty normal. Three week stall, three month stall. Frustrating, but if you've been losing a lot before now then your body needs a minute to catch it's breath ;) Try cutting out any carbs that don't come from vegetables and up your protein. Try doing more exercise if you're not doing much now (or keep up your exercising if you are) and maybe just put the scale away for a bit. At the end of the week try on some clothes that fit a bit tight up until now, most likely you are losing inches. I didn't lose any weight the entire month of January but I lost a whole pant, shirt and bra size! 

To search, if you're on a computer go to the top of this page to the right hand side and click on the little magnifying glass, then type in your search words. If you're on a phone tap the three lines on the upper right hand side of the blue bar at the top of the page, then tap search :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

LittleMiss2013
on 2/2/14 6:22 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I am just over 3 months now and I am also in another stall. My second one since surgery...think it's been a week now. I know it's a pain but try not to stress. Ignore it....give it the silent treatment....don't weight, don't calorie count....take a week or 2 off and then check back. Don't let it drive you mental

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Jessica S.
on 2/3/14 2:50 am - Ottawa, Canada

Im 10 months out and in the first 6 months I only lost like once a week, I would lose few lbs then stall for a week some times more, then lose, everyone is different. I didn't workout much at all in the first few months, to me my calories were way too low to even consider the gym, I didn't want it to go faster so I just focused on my food. I started going to the gym only at about month 7, then stopped for 3 weeks over Christmas and starting back this week. I think it is completely normal to stall all the time like this, could be so many factors, could just be your body trying to dealing with such little food right now, the important thing is to be healthy and you will reach those goals, even if you are a few months behind others, in the grand sceme of things whats another 6 months in your life. I see it as one step at a time, slower weight loss means less extra skin too. I barely have any at this point, I am mushy and now my focus is toning but I don't mind doing one step at a time. Hope you don't get to frustrated, i see it as, aslong as I am moving forward I am not going backwards. You are in a better place then before surgery. Take your time.

Most Active