getting discouraged

NewMe2.0
on 1/28/14 2:57 am, edited 1/28/14 3:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Okay, from one 'newme' to another, from one Guelphite to another, from one pre op to one post op--OMG!  You have done amazing.  When was the last time you lost this much weight, without starving yourself, and without fearing the looming rebound and regain?  Its sounds like you are determined, so I have total confidence that you will stay on track.

I know its easy for me to say, as I am still pre op, (I would probably react the same as you)...but one thing I have learned from this forum is stalls will happen, pay attention to your measurements as you are probably shrinking (and not so much to the scale), and think about how you feel, (more energy), and what you are accomplishing (walking faster on the treadmill, and surviving!)

As others have said, you are probably still healing from all your complications ( I am still healing from 3 kidney surgeries after Thanksgiving--it all takes time)...and you are most likely putting on muscle.

Please give yourself a break, I think you are doing awesome...you certainly have inspired me.  And I think you will be pleasantly surprised the next time you are on a scale.

new_me180
on 1/28/14 11:23 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks for the kind words. It is reassuring hearing others and seeing that they have gone through the same as well. I am very determined to lose this weight as I want a baby so bad. Hopefully next yr I will be blessed to have one and before I get too old. I think I had a distorted vision of what was going to happen after surgery. I was hoping that I would be one of those that come out of surgery with no complications and just breeze through it and everything will just melt of. Thank goodness I don't own a scale in my house or else I would be bald by now. I'm just grateful that I have lost so much weight already and hope for many more.

When are you having your surgery and who's your doc? Hope everything works out for you and best of luck.

Curious.George
on 1/28/14 3:33 am - Canada

I always like to say "When the number isn't changing - the body is rearranging"! You are amazing and don't forget it! You go girl!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

new_me180
on 1/28/14 11:25 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks, that's a good saying. I keep it it mind.

Zizzler
on 1/28/14 7:21 am

You have had a rough time lately so maybe your body is still in shock from the scratches and water retaining and such. It sounds like you are doing everything right so just be patient and give yourself some more time. You have already done super amazing so just give yourself a break, keep up the good work, and do something to distract yourself so the time goes by quicker. You will get through this!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

new_me180
on 1/28/14 11:47 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks, I don't think I realized how major this surgery was. I expected to be up and running and those complications didn't help. I'm still having tummy issues and having to go to a lot of f/u's, so I guess these little niggles set you back a bit . I just have to look at the 94lbs I've lost so far and be proud and glad. I feel much better without that weight for sure. I just have to remind myself I'm still only three months out and to take it easy on myself and have a lifetime to lose some weight.

Most Active