What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 1/24/14 6:48 pm

RNY  4 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

Fell at the fitness club yesterday.....pissed at myself ......have a compression fracture with narcotic painkillers.....so my eats, especially at breakfast will be strange as I need to eat enough before and 30 minutes post pain meds to stop them causing GI pain.....

STEPS - 3670.....going to be a few days before I am back to acivity

EATS

B - 1 piece of whole toast with 1 TB of peanut butter

B - greek yogurt

S - protein shake

L - ham cheese pickle roll ups

D - going out for Chinese with friends if I feel up to it.....I haven't had Chinese in 6 years.......have lettuce wraps and a chicken dish in my totals

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:   Calories - 1,488,  Carbs - 158,  Fat - 42,  Protein - 112

All water....vits

Have a great one    mail

Sunny123
on 1/24/14 8:52 pm, edited 1/24/14 8:54 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

7 weeks +2 days

Oh my gosh Barb, I hope you're doing okay! That sounds like a crazy injury. Hope you feel better soon!

I made a mistake by having cereal this morning. I cannot eat it slowly. I cannot stand soggy cereal unless it is shredded wheat or bran buds. Once I entered it in my journal I also found out it has a lot of carbs. I may use the rest of the box by sprinkling some on yogurt. I won't be having bowls of cereal anytime soon. My husband does a lot of the grocery shopping so I don't want to sound ungrateful since I asked for 'some kind of Bran cereal'.

So I know my carbs are way too high, but here is my menu for today:

B-All Bran cereal ¾ c of 1% milk - you will never see this again!!

S- turkey pepperette,  1 babybel light

Lunch –oceans tuna snack

S- iogo greek yogurt (with Blueberries) w/protein powder

Dinner  -beef stew

FITNESS PAL Calories  858 Carbs  96   Fat 19  Protein  86

I have an open house today, should be interesting to see if I can even get there! I am done with the snow.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 1/24/14 11:32 pm

Cereal makes me dump.....but I used to use bran sprinkled on my yogurt for some density and fibre......Fibre One has very low sugar....( doesnt taste as good as bran buds either)

Sunny123
on 1/25/14 6:35 am, edited 1/25/14 6:41 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I may try Fibre One, thanks for the tip..

Okay maybe tmi but oh boy....

I got to my open house and about 2:30 I had earth moving cramps....I NEVER use the washroom at a Clients but this was unavoidable...

I locked the house door and went to the washroom...oh Lordie.

Can you consider it dumping if it's 7 hours after? I don't think so...but it sure reset my insides!!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Zizzler
on 1/24/14 8:53 pm, edited 1/24/14 8:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your injury birdiegirl :0(   How long does that take to heal?  Do the narcotic painkillers work well?  I hope you heal up fast and feel better soon.  One thing I have heard is good for healing of any kind is rooibos tea.  It tastes great and may be a nice instead of decaf coffee as it has zero caffeine.  Best of luck to you...

And now for my eats:

Please note: I am pre-op 

B - low carb toast with peanut butter and some banana slices

S-  Big pot of Rooibos tea

L- low carb toast with peanut butter and some banana slices (have to use up banana)

S- Rooibos tea

D- Indian Food, probably some kind of spicy curry (going out with friends)

I have been practicing mindful eating but I am having trouble with the eating it in small bites part.  I keep forgetting and just eating normal bites.  I will be practicing this today.

Have an excellent day everyone...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

birdiegirl
on 1/24/14 11:34 pm

Thanks Zizzler...6 weeks as with most broken bones.....but I am hoping to resume my activities in a week....

You are practicing great habits for post surgery......planning.....good for you

I love rooibos tea too.......thanks for the tip

Leanne1
on 1/25/14 1:01 am - Newmarket, Canada

good morning/afternoon everyone!! kiss

Oooohhhhh gosh Barb!! That is awful and painful :( I hope it heals in good time! 

Today is day 3, since my plastics surgery (Jan13th), that I feel mUch better!! We are going for an outing to see my daughter and the fam! It was my little grandson's 4th birthday on Dec30 but they celebrate a little late cuz of the holidays. Can't wait to see them!! I am quite excited!! I am also excited to be going for something other then medical crap, I have had enough of that for now.

The nurse came last night and took out one of my drains and looked over everything. I cannot believe how awesome everything looks!!! Dr Nan did FANTASTIC  work!! I think I will have minimal scars mail

Today's eats:

B- scrambled egg, bacon, homefries

L- not sure what she is serving yet

D- soup possibly or maybe some salad with chicken or maybe something else, we may go out for dinner then maybe a movie ( I want to see the Nut Job)

S- popcorn if we go to the movies

haven't really been snacking...so I 'm not sure what I will have for snacks

Working on vitamins and liquids

Have a great afternoon 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Julia P.
on 1/25/14 9:15 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm so sorry to hear that you hurt yourself, Barb!  I hope you heal quickly!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

dragongirl_76
on 1/25/14 9:55 am

B - 1c shreddies w/skim milk

S - latte

L - minced turkey w/ tomatoes

S - premier protein

D - 3 bites of homemade butter chicken

S - greek yog w/blackberries and granola

Most Active