C-section

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/14 12:50 pm

is that considered to be a true abdominal surgery and that could be an issue for RnY ?

aidan
on 1/21/14 2:50 pm - Canada
It is considered a true abdominal surgery but not an issue. Many women have had one before rny including me! Mine was 2 years pre rny.

SulowskiT
on 1/21/14 7:21 pm

What impact does abdominal surgery have on having weight loss surgery? Many years ago I had surgery for endometriosis and then about 12 years ago I had bowel obstruction surgery.

Patm
on 1/21/14 8:45 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I had two c sections before they did the nice bikini incision opening. I have scars from my public bone almost to my belly button. The incisions for the RNY are higher up. My other scar was no issue

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/14 9:18 pm - Canada

I have the vertical C-section scar too, Pat.  I think after WLS I will look like a road map, with points of interest marked out, LOL!

Patm
on 1/21/14 11:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

With the vertical it is like I have two pouches hanging on either side of it! It didn't help that I had an open hysterectomy last March

lexxiblue
on 1/22/14 10:49 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

I too had a vertical Csection and looks like i have 2 bums... but the one in front - one side hangs lower than the other...

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/14 10:21 pm

thank you for replies ! There is a lot of contradicting information out there :(

LilyBugsMommy
on 1/21/14 10:41 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I have had two c-sections, one the cut was up and down (22 years ago) and the other one was that "bikini" cut (4 years ago).

These did not cause any issue for me to have RNY or in my healing afterwards.

I am very realistic that I will never have a smooth stomach area for many reasons, two of them being that I was overweight for so long and that I did have two c-sections which, along with my unhealthy weight for so long, means there will be no bounce back there!

I have lost 100 lbs so far and I am okay with how my stomach is looking these days. I still have rolls, but, they are smaller and don't bother me too much :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/14 11:25 pm - Canada

I will be glad in the future when my Kaiser rolls shrink down to dinner rolls, LOL!

Most Active