2 yr surgerversary

Marls
on 1/21/14 7:35 pm - Canada

Lovley post.  I can agee with the things you wish you would have known.  I think that so many of us can understand that.  At my 18 month visit I told the dietician that knowing what I know now, I believe that cognative  therapy should be mandatory for a minimum of 8 weeks prior to surgery. One should not be allowed through the program without this!!!

So glad to see you enjoying the life you have chosen once again.Take care of you

Patm
on 1/21/14 8:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I agree CBT should be mandatory. Unfortunately I think some people are not ready to admit to a problem with food.

kellybelly333
on 1/21/14 10:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

Congrats my friend! It will always be a struggle I think. But life is so much better!! xo

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 1/22/14 7:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Kelly. People like you help keep me motivated. And life definitely is better

Leanne1
on 1/21/14 10:32 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Congrats on your success Pat!!  kiss

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

birdiegirl
on 1/22/14 7:08 am

Hi Pat

Have been off line for a day or so......sorry I am late on this

Big Congrats......you have done fantastic.....and I thing it IS more difficult when you are a little older.......joints ache a little more.....metabolism is a little slower etc etc.....but look at you.....I have loved watching you progress from newbie to a wonderful vet....

Hopefully we can meet one of these days.......might drive in to one of your meetings in the summer....

Take care of yourself.....and be rightly pleased with yourself....

Barb

Patm
on 1/22/14 7:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Barb. Hope Orlando was fun. Vets like you and Tracy and others have been such a big part of my success. I appreciate that all of you take the time to post and show the human side and struggles. I needed the reality check that things are not all rainbows and unicorns but hard work and sticking to it. Would love to meet you.

Most Active