5 km workout!

LilyBugsMommy
on 1/20/14 11:08 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I am so excited today! When I went to the gym today, I devoted my entire workout time to cardio and was able to complete 5km in 51.45 minutes (walking with running intervals)! I can't believe that one year ago, I weighed 100 lbs more than today and I wouldn't have been able to walk even 2 km in the same amount of time. I definitely couldn't have made it 5km no matter how long I gave myself. I am feeling so happy right now!!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Catw
on 1/20/14 11:13 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Congrats!  This is truely proof as to how NSVs are so much more important than SVs.

For me it's not running, it's skating and outlasting my kids on the ice, or dancing with my youngest on Just Dance.  That means more than a dumb number on the scale.

Cathy

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/20/14 11:36 pm - Canada

You go girl.

Congratulations

Terri

Test

Laurie C.
on 1/21/14 6:49 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Isn't it great to get excited about walking and running, two years ago we would have said no I'm too tired to go to the gym or I'm too fat or something and now we love it.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Most Active