Good-tasting decaf coffee?

Zizzler
on 1/18/14 12:16 am

Looking for decaf coffee that tastes good.  Which do you guys like?  I have been having Tims but it seems pretty bitter?

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 12:57 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Tim's really sucks for all their coffee IMO.  For decaf, I find Folger's to be as good as any.  Sometimes I pick up flavoured decaf beans and grind them at home just to have variety.  If you have a Keurig, there are a few good decafs depending on what roast you like.

Zizzler
on 1/18/14 3:43 am

Ya, not impressed with Tims decaf at all, and I really like their regular caf coffee. First time I thought it maybe had just been sitting too long in the pot, but it was the same the next two times.  Conclusion:  their in-store decaf sucks :0) 

I do not have a keurig but it is on my wish list and has been for years now.  I like a light roast mild tasting coffee.  Has anyone tried Van Houtte decaf?

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 4:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I drink bold so never use Van Houtte.  My son prefers light roast and he likes the Van Houtte coffees but he has never had the decaf. To me Van Houtte is too wimpy.

The Folgers to me is more like a medium roast.  It's a bit wimpier than I like but it's not bad overall.

Zizzler
on 1/18/14 5:37 am

Folgers and Van Houtte decaf - I will have to check those out.  Thank you for the info :0)

kimber291
on 1/18/14 1:07 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

They have recently changed the decaf from Tim's. I used to drink it atleast once every couple of weeks or so (still pre op) and during the ice storm we had stopped in the evening and I grabbed one....it was disgusting. I thought maybe they had run out of the regular decaf and had to use another brand....then last week we stopped and I grabbed another. It was so bitter tasted just like the last one. Never again, why can't they just leave things alone. LOL 

I have the Folgers decaf for the keurig and it is really good. As is the Tim's for the tassimo. Atleast it used to be, hopefully they haven't changed it. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 1:35 am

try to find the roast  you like in a decaf version. I couldn't tell the difference. I buy beans in Walmart (Colombian) and grind right in my coffee machine. My husband apparently can tell the difference, he is an espresso fanatic so I can't bring my devil decaf beans into the machine now :) I settled for a single long espresso shot in a glass of milk, so all I drink now is lattes :) Takes care of my coffee cravings, one is good enough for the whole day

Zizzler
on 1/18/14 3:50 am

That makes sense except I usually drink Tims and I dislike their decaf (barf).  So I guess I will continue the quest, starting with folgers as many seems to like that one.  thank you!

Zizzler
on 1/18/14 3:46 am

Folgers seems to be well liked, so maybe I will go with that one.  Is it a light roast or dark roast?

Sunny123
on 1/18/14 2:09 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Used to drink black coffee pre op. Now I need milk in it. I have Tim Hortons for Tassimos. I thought it was surgery that changed my tastes but perhaps they changed the blend?

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active