What are you doing/eating today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 1/16/14 6:33 pm, edited 1/16/14 6:34 pm

RNY  4 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

Meeting my trainer this morning for weights....followed by some chores.....home tonight.....I am sick of going out for dinner.....cant believe I am saying that...

STEPS - 10,790

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Dannon light and fit Greek Yogurt

L - Cobb salad with 1 TB of Paul Newmans light Caesar dressing

D - 4 oz baked pork tenderloin

1.5 cups of kale salad

3-4 asparagus spears

S - 1 clementine

MYFITNESSPAL Totals for the above menu are:  Calories 1,022,  Carbs - 65 grams,  Fat -  41 grams,  Protein - 85 grams

All water....likely 3 litres......decaf coffee and tea as required to keep me from eating.....and all vits

Have a great one    mail

Patm
on 1/16/14 8:49 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope the weather is improving for you. we actually had sun for a couple of hours yesterday. Going back into deep freeze next week. I would have been happy to wait to hear this but my husband loves to keep me informed. Got in 11587 steps yesterday. Will make up for today. Do not think I will even make the 10, 000 but we will see

b greek yogurt, 1tbsp SF jam

s almonds

l turkey barley soup, apple

s source yogurt

d ribs, salad

s wine

cal 1249 carb 98.9, prot 68.8

birdiegirl
on 1/16/14 9:36 pm

Great steps Pat!!!

Its hard isnt it?......sometimes I really get sick of planning and moving......I just want to be a slug and eat bon bon's...lol.....and many times I do just that.......

I think you have done so well......and you are keeping it together post goal which is tough.....

Stay warm eh?

Patm
on 1/16/14 10:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Barb. I just keep reminding myself I will be in sun on the 25th. The only problem will be February will seem pretty long.

kristaeb
on 1/16/14 9:51 pm

Morning everyone. Great workout last night. Did grocery shopping as well. More leafy greens and fruit to keep me regular. I drink LOTS of water so this will help.

B- tea and mixed fruit..

S- spinach salad .

L- tuna salad with celery and green onions, greek yogurt and 0% sour cream for dressing mix.

S- roasted chick peas. laughing cow.

D- same as lunch but wit some LF cracker to dip tuna.

S- fruit and roasted chick peas.

Having a problem with my health tracker ticker. hope it shows up. I am down 112 lbs as of this morning.

Have a great Friday. 

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

S_Tucker1
on 1/16/14 10:10 pm

Happy Friday!! Still in a stall, I'm up 1/2 a pound. I can't seem to stop myself from weighing everyday so I think I'll have hubby hide the scale for a week.

B- Mozzarella Cheese stick, turkey pepperette, Greek yogurt

S- Cucumber

L- Extra Lean Turkey sausage (80 cal), garden salad with fat free dressing

S- baby carrots

D- Tilapia and cut up veggies and fat free ranch dressing

30 minutes walking on treadmill and hope to get lots of water (only getting 5-6 cups per day)

Calories: 562 Calories, Protein- 60 g, Carbs- 43 g, Fat- 29 g.

Dr. Referral- Aug 2012, Orientation- March 2013, Psych/Nut & Gastroscopy- Sept 2013, Internist & Social Work- Nov 6, 2013...

Mary A.
on 1/16/14 10:50 pm
On January 17, 2014 at 6:10 AM Pacific Time, S_Tucker1 wrote:

Happy Friday!! Still in a stall, I'm up 1/2 a pound. I can't seem to stop myself from weighing everyday so I think I'll have hubby hide the scale for a week.

B- Mozzarella Cheese stick, turkey pepperette, Greek yogurt

S- Cucumber

L- Extra Lean Turkey sausage (80 cal), garden salad with fat free dressing

S- baby carrots

D- Tilapia and cut up veggies and fat free ranch dressing

30 minutes walking on treadmill and hope to get lots of water (only getting 5-6 cups per day)

Calories: 562 Calories, Protein- 60 g, Carbs- 43 g, Fat- 29 g.

not sure where you are in the post-op process but wow sister you are hardly eating anything!!!

....the whole turkey sausage, pepperette thing sounds interesting, but you definatly need to up your protein....

in the beginning it's difficult to get the necessary protein in...but from my recollection ( I am almost 5 yrs post-op) your protein should be at least 80-90 grams/day...and with your carbs being 1/2 of your protein that may very well be why you are stuck

you are eating like a bird..and if you are just a couple of months out, maybe you haven't graduated to things like grilled chicked etc...but you MUST get in more protein.

put that damm scale away and only weigh yourself once a week on the same day or you will drive yourself bonkers, that way it becomes about the success and not the fact that the freaking scale hasn't moved or up a 1/2 lbs. 

That way you will celebrate the positive rather than worrying every time you get on that scale.angry

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

S_Tucker1
on 1/17/14 8:20 am

Thanks for your input. Last week I was eating around 800-900 calories but since I'm in a stall I thought I would cut back to see if that worked. Now I am trying to eliminate carbs to see if that shakes things up. Tomorrow I will try to eat more, especially protein. Patience is a virtue- I need to practice this more. But if I were pre op I would have dipped my face into a plate of chicken wings by now make it all go away, lol!!  I haven't done that try, so at least I'm working on it. Baby steps.....

Dr. Referral- Aug 2012, Orientation- March 2013, Psych/Nut & Gastroscopy- Sept 2013, Internist & Social Work- Nov 6, 2013...

Mary A.
on 1/16/14 10:25 pm
On January 17, 2014 at 2:33 AM Pacific Time, birdiegirl wrote:

RNY  4 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

Meeting my trainer this morning for weights....followed by some chores.....home tonight.....I am sick of going out for dinner.....cant believe I am saying that...

STEPS - 10,790

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Dannon light and fit Greek Yogurt

L - Cobb salad with 1 TB of Paul Newmans light Caesar dressing

D - 4 oz baked pork tenderloin

1.5 cups of kale salad

3-4 asparagus spears

S - 1 clementine

MYFITNESSPAL Totals for the above menu are:  Calories 1,022,  Carbs - 65 grams,  Fat -  41 grams,  Protein - 85 grams

All water....likely 3 litres......decaf coffee and tea as required to keep me from eating.....and all vits

Have a great one    mail

just kind of playing devil's advocate..I am almost 5 yrs post-op and always enjoyed 1-2 cups of regular coffee per day, especially iced cofee in the summer months, also consumed to keep me from eating mid afternoon snacks.

I noticed that you mentioned you drink regular coffee in the morning..any concerns that as a bariatric patient this could lead to an ulcer..reason again I am asking is now at 5 yrs post-op I have a huge ulcer...and because there are so many things that can attribute to the cause..I am wondering if you have any concerns about cofee being one of those..I know I never ded.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

birdiegirl
on 1/17/14 6:42 am

Hi Mary

I do drink those 2 large mugs every morning......it would likely be a good idea for me to switch to decaf as really I cant tell much difference.....and I dont want to end up with an ulcer........how are they going to treat your ulcer?

Most Active