O.M.G...Is All I Can Say!

Amarachi
on 1/15/14 5:12 am - Canada

You will be okay with the care and support of your bariatric team and the high risk pregnancy clinic.  I too was high risk for all my pregnancies and they have patients with all sorts of issues.  Don't panic and take one day at a time.  Your golden window of opportunity is still there eat to nourish your child and when the baby is born you can then focus on the weight loss.  You have lost so much already and the benefit of this surgery is that you will still have this tool to work with once your child is safely delivered. 

Because i have 6 children and would not like to have more i opted for the Depo-Provera shot to ensure i do not get pregnant again.  The shot is given intramuscular and only once every 3 months.  I love the fact i don't  have to think of taking a pill and many other methods to remain safe.

Congratulations and take care

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

LittleMiss2013
on 1/15/14 6:17 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Don't worry, you will be fine! Think happy thoughts. Make your husband a nice dinner consisting of BABY carrots, and BABY back ribs, with some BABY corns......and ask him if he notices a theme? lol

They will work with you and make sure the baby is healthy and happy. I am 3 months post op and I can tell you I can eat several smallish meals a day if I wanted...and you will be able to eat more or get more in there one way or another. Super Models have babies everyday and they live off air, and one bread stick every 3 days, lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kimber291
on 1/15/14 7:34 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the amazing responses here from everyone, I LOVE it!! I belong to some Facebook groups and when someone even mentions the word pregnant some members jump all over them. Annoys the H*LL outta me!! It is what is it and if someone ends up pregnant the last thing that person needs is someone yelling at them. 

I wish you the best of luck with this little one, to which is a miracle baby. No fertility meds needed, just some weight loss and two loving parents showing their love for one another and lookie what happens

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

4-Jane
on 1/15/14 7:57 am - Canada

Congratulations, last year there was a post with pictures of a woman that gave birth early out of wls, she did well with her loss and gave birth to a healthy baby boy

Respectfully Jane
Moselle
on 1/15/14 9:24 am - Athens, Canada

I personally know 2 young women who have had healthy babies within there 1st year after RNY.  As someone else said, just follow the instructions of your clinic and your OBGYN and you will be fine.  You will need to take extra supplements etc and they will monitor you very closely but you and baby should both be fine.

Good luck and keep us posted. 

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

hmtmomof4
on 1/16/14 8:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

You ladies are awesome! Thanks for such great advice. I'm still in a bit of shock....and I was rather unhappy that the nurse at TWH could do nothing but laugh when I told her....seems kinda unprofessional, but whatever.

I saw my Dr yesterday and he is thinking I'm about 5-6 weeks.  I'm very concerned about my nutritional deficiencies over the past few months and how that will affect the very critical early development of the baby, but for now we are upping the vitamins and proceeding cautiously.  So apparently I am the 2% of people that the patch fails.  And seeing as I spent thousands on fertility treatments for all my other kiddos....I would have expected to be the LAST person in that 2% group.

So, it is what it is...the dietician at TWH is working closely with me to get in enough calories for baby and I.  She said I will most likely continue to lose weight for the next 8 months, but we will try to slow the weight loss down a tad.

I'm also being referred out to the high risk OB as I was already high risk with having a 25 week delivery...but now even more so. They are professionals at this, so I'm hoping with everyone's help we will be just fine....just still a little shocked as I did not expect this right now.

I'll keep you posted....first ultrasound is in 2 weeks. Thanks again ladies!!! (HUG))

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Most Active