O.M.G...Is All I Can Say!

hmtmomof4
on 1/15/14 12:47 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

OMG....so I just haven't been feeling well lately and I've had some pain in my side.  The last time I had this pain I was pregnant with my daughter.  All 3 of my kids are the result of fertility treatments.  So on a whim I decided to take a pregnancy test...and OMG it was positive. I am sooooo scared and shocked!! I am only 2 months post op....this is soooo unsafe for us both. I don't know what to do!!! I've been using the birth control patch (Evra) since surgery...the surgeon recommended this for me. I just recently read that the patch is only effective up to like 180lbs!!

I should also note that I had a baby girl born at 25 weeks and she only lived for 4 hours. It was a horrible horrible experience and as a result of this I can NOT have an abortion, it's simply not an option.  Have I ruined all chances of weight loss? Is there ANY way that I can eat enough to support a baby.

OMG.....my husband is going to have a fit....I should have stayed on the pill and not gone to the patch!! We were sooo careful! :-(

HELP!  I have a call in to my center right now.

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Hanneli xoxo
on 1/15/14 1:39 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Oh my! not sure what you should do... but I know they recommend 2-3 forms of BC after surgery! I hope everything turns out fine

Patm
on 1/15/14 1:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have read on here that many people have healthy babies after WLS surgery. As for weight loss this will probably happen. I was gestational diabetic with my daughter and followed a strict supervised diet. I only gained 15 lbs throughout the pregnancy. She was 2 weeks early and weighted 8lb 4 oz. I was closely monitored but all went well.

Keeping up your vitamins will be essential for you as the baby takes from you.

You might want to talk to your gyno soon as well for help. If he is not familiar then get one that is.

Good luck

Catw
on 1/15/14 2:02 am - Arnprior, Canada

You are doing the best thing you can, contacting your center.  They can guide you through this. My guess is that you will be watched closely, as well as going through High Risk pre-natal which will also watch you closely.  You may need to take more supplements than you normally would, and not have the same diet.

You have not ruined all chances of weight loss.  When I gave birth to my youngest child, I came out of it lighter than when I got pregnant.  And that was pre-WLS.  So you can do this and lose weight.

Congratulations and good luck!

Cathy

Curious.George
on 1/15/14 2:40 am - Canada

Contacting your centre was the first thing to do.  I also believe you should see a good obstatrition as soon as possible.  Then, keep a positive, happy outlook on life and have faith!  There is a reason for everything. This child may discover a cure for HIV or the common cold! Try to live just one day at a time. Stay in the moment and try not to project what could/might/or might not happen. I wish you all the best in this new adventure. You are not alone in this. Please keep sharing with us.

Hugs,

Marj

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

FourMyBoysandMe
on 1/15/14 3:28 am
RNY on 11/05/13

LOVE this response!

HW=296

SW=256

CW=177.4

GW=156

(Lost 40 pounds preop) M1: -13  M2: -15.4  M3: -11.4  M4: 11.4  M5:

munchkinn
on 1/15/14 3:10 am

Hi, one of the Dr's that I have seen in the clinics have said that pregnancies do happen. They do have experience with it and they will work with you. He also said that the baby will live on what you are eating and you will live on the fat that is stored up. Please, take a breath and know that everything is going to e alright. You are doing the right thing by getting in touch with your clinic, best step to take.

Fay

hmtmomof4
on 1/15/14 1:55 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

They switched me to the patch about 3 months before surgery and told me all would be fine. I was hoping to get an IUD and my husband was getting the big snip in a month! It is what it is and I will do everything in my power to help this little one. I agree, vitamins are going to be HUGE right now. I'm just worried as I am only taking in about 400 calories per day! I need to find some high calorie low sugar and fat foods! This was definitely not in my plan! I have 5 year old twins and an 18 month old...we are going to be busy. I'm just gonna have to do what I can do to at least maintain my current weight and work real hard after baby to keep loosing....just sad that I feel like my "golden opportunity window" is now gone. I'm not even lying when I say my husband and I have had sex TWICE since my surgery....although it only takes once right!? I have a call into the high risk OB clinic that I saw with my other kiddos. My pregnancies are always high risk due to a 25 week delivery, but now they will be even MORE high risk. Luckily I already had an appt. scheduled with my GP tomorrow morning so I will get him to send me for an ultrasound and get a referral to the high risk clinic.

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Monica9811
on 1/15/14 8:22 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Wow you are going to be busy!!  Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy and your weightloss.  Let us know how your husband takes the news :)

Mandalious
on 1/16/14 11:47 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Congrats hun.  

Im confused by why are you only eating 400 cals a day of you had surgery nov 7th? That seems so little for your time out.

talk to your center about your intakes levels especially now. 

Wish you a happy healthy pregnancy. We have great docs around. You and baby will be okay. Stay postive 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

Most Active