For the vets

Ottawa34
on 1/13/14 9:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I'm 3 yrs out and I've gained 10 pds in the last 2 mos.  Needless to say i'm freaking out, although I know it's normal to have some weight gain I'm just not ready to accept it.  My clothes feel different, and are tight, and I feel awful.  Always bloated and uncomfortable in my skin. 

I've been looking into getting back on track and i'm seeing tons of info on these new diet lifestyles.  The Paleo lifestyle, eating clean and many others.  I've also wondered about doing a cleanse to try and get rid of my sugar cravings and get back on track. 

Have any of you tried cleanses or detoxs to jump start your body or have any of you switched to a new lifestyle diet ?  How are you liking it ?

Thank you

Amy

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Elizabeth R.
on 1/13/14 9:56 pm - Morrisburg, Canada

You could start with doing the 5 day pouch test, that should help you kick the carbs.......

Mary A.
on 1/14/14 12:32 am

Do you know why you gained 10lbs in the last couple of months, have you been more stressed than regular, changed your lifestyle.  I am almost 5 yrs post-op and my total regain over that time has been 10lbs...sometimes it fluctuates to 17....but I keep it in check.

You need to find out where you may be a bit slacking and pull up your boot straps...I still can't tolerate more than 16-20grams of sugar in anything so that keeps me in check in the sweets dept..but if I didn't portion control a bag of potato chips,, they would be gone in a heart beat.

I have never tried detox, cleansing or anything of that...but IMO getting back on track isn't that difficult since you have recognized and admitted that you may be slipping a bit.  If you have brought foods that you wouldn't typically bring into your home, STOP....and if you are eating out at places that don't offer you healthier options stop.  I sitll go to McDonalds once a week...and I have a grilled chicken breast and a side salad...and I don't sway from that because the (one) time that I did several years ago..I had an Angus burger no bun...and I was so very sick..it taught me stick to what I know.

You have it in you to get back on track...it isn't that difficult~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/14/14 6:34 am - Windsor, Canada

I've done it all I think :) 

I've done paleo/primal and every assorted diet known to man.

You just have to find what works for you I think.  A friend of mine is big into primal/paleo and she's done well and lost 30 lbs.  (She never got to her goal and she's many years out so this thrilled her).  I did it for a while and had some good success but find that I cannot live that way. I end up eventually bingeing on carbs because they become the "holy grail".  When I fall, I fall really hard.

So I'm back to Weigh****chers and bootcamp. For me, I think it is more about the accountability than anything else.  I need to be weighed in and held accountable.  Works for me.  I want to get off my lingering 12 or so lbs to get down for a tummy tuck. 

Find what works for you I guess. See what resonates.  I have a facebook group for us moldy oldies. It's in my signature should you like to join us.

Good luck!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Ottawa34
on 1/15/14 5:06 am - Ottawa, Canada

I've just put in my join request :) 

Amy   
Surg

PaulaToronto
on 1/14/14 12:11 pm - Toronto, Canada

To break a carb fest I will do a week of at least one but often two protein drinks a day and a home made dinner.  This takes around three days before the cravings end and you feel a bit more in control.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Ottawa34
on 1/15/14 5:03 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thank you everyone for ur replies and suggestions. 

I need to get back on track, but I'm finding the sugar cravings overwhelming  and I give in even if they make me dump :( 

i hope everyone is having a good new year!!

Amy 

Amy   
Surg

Mary A.
on 1/16/14 10:38 pm
On January 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM Pacific Time, Ottawa34 wrote:

Thank you everyone for ur replies and suggestions. 

I need to get back on track, but I'm finding the sugar cravings overwhelming  and I give in even if they make me dump :( 

i hope everyone is having a good new year!!

Amy 

what about sugar free candies and ice cream with low sugar.  I like the occasional sweet treat..but I have tons of SF candies and I choose frozen yougurt with low sugar and allow myself a scoop of it every Saturday night as a treat~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active