What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 11:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Those are great steps! Any time I go over 10,000, I figure it's been a fabulous day.  More for the team! :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Monica9811
on 1/15/14 10:30 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I had a rough day yesterday at an all day conference in Toronto.  I had some greek yogurt before I left but didn't want to do my normal protein shake in the magic bullet because it was 6am and didn't want to wake my husband.  I was hungry when I got to the conference and they had tons of fruit and of course sweets/breads danishes etc.  I had some fruit and water which was fine.  Lunch wasnt' too bad-grabbed a tuna wrap and a small chicken sandwich and ate the insides...then I spotted the oven fired pizza-and I wasn't even hungry but man did I ever want some so I got a small piece and had 2 bites.  I didn't need it and definitely wasn't hungry but couldnt' stop myself.  I did manage to avoid all the sweets but to top it off when leaving they had bags of Doritos-so I grabbed some and nibbled on them.  I was so mad at myself as I definitely didn't need that crap in my body.  This battle is ongoing!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 11:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

That does sound like a tough day. I always find all day meetings, especially ones held offsite or at hotels, to be very challenging.  I try to bring snacks, but even then it's hard because there's nowhere to refrigerate or warm anything up. 

I know you're thinking about the impulsiveness of what you ate, but from what you've said above, it sounds to me like even though you ate a few things you didn't need, you still controlled yourself pretty well on the portions.  As you say, the battle is ongoing, and you'll have days like these - and then you'll have awesome days. 

Better luck today!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kristaeb
on 1/15/14 11:50 pm

It is a daily struggle for sure. Today is a better hun..kiss..Take care Monica ...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Leanne1
on 1/15/14 10:47 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning everyone!!

It's been a rough few days but being home now is mUch better! 

Surgery went well. Tuesday afternoon I started feeling alot of pain and the nurse noticed that my drains were draining quite fast. She called the dr and he came to check on me right away! I could feel something not right and told him. He read my chart and and examined me, he agreed and within half an hour, I was back in the OR. I got back to my room after 9pm, another 3hr surgery. He found a bloodclot and took care of it. I am soooo grateful to him! I had a rough nights sleep and slept most of the day, until I left in the afternoon. It is sooooo nice to be back in my own bed! I slept pretty good last night

I could not bring myself to eat the yuckky hospital foods. gross! 

I had some soup last night for dinner.

B- 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice bacon

L- soup, butternut squash

D- soup, southwestern chicken (Elina's recipe)

I am going to try to have a protein shake today and get as much liquids as I can in.

Have a great day everyone :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

libra1
on 1/15/14 11:14 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thank goodness your nurse and doctor were so proactive.

Wishing you a speedy and painless recovery! enlightened

Leanne1
on 1/16/14 12:41 am - Newmarket, Canada

Thanks libra1

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Patm
on 1/16/14 3:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you are okay. I agree with you about hospital food. That is how I lost my last 20 lbs

Julia P.
on 1/16/14 7:29 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well, but sorry to hear that you had to go back in the OR!  Glad everything is resolved now.

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

S_Tucker1
on 1/15/14 10:56 pm

Still in a stall.....I'm beginning to hate the numbere 241.8lbs!!! 

7 weeks post op:

B- skim milk mozzarella stick, Greek yogurt, turkey pepperette 

S- baby carrots

L- 3oz pork tenderloin, garden salad. Ff dressing

D- turkey sausage, cucumber

30 min walk

calories- 538, protein- 63, carbs- 29, fat 23

Dr. Referral- Aug 2012, Orientation- March 2013, Psych/Nut & Gastroscopy- Sept 2013, Internist & Social Work- Nov 6, 2013...

Most Active