What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 1/15/14 7:26 pm

RNY  4 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

It's freezing here today.....well almost......going out to golf regardless because I cant let them say the Canuck wouldn't play in the cold.....though I wouldn't play in this weather at home......out for dinner tonight to Bonefish Grill......

STEPS - 6875......

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 clementine

1 Sargento cheese string

L - bowl of chicken noodle soup

3/4 cup of tuna salad

few tomatoes

D - 5 oz grilled sea bass

2 TB of succotash

1 piece of sourdough bread dipped in herbed olive oil

glass of chardonnay

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,463,  Carbs - 84 grams,  Fat - 59 grams,  Protein - 93 grams

All water....vits....lots more decaf coffee to keep warm

Have a great one   mail

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 7:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Ha, that's funny.  Thanks for maintaining our hardy reputation, Barb! 

Yesterday was GREAT.  I brought all my food to work, and I walked 5000 steps at lunch time (took maybe a little over 1/2 an hour) which got me to over 11,000 steps yesterday.  I need to try to make time to do that every day at work when I'm not in meetings all day!  And, I lost one of those stubborn pounds that I keep yoyoing with, so went from 181 to 180.  Hoping to stay in downward mode!

Went to Costco last night and spent a fortune on groceries.  I thought we were pretty well stocked up and that I would only have to get a few things. Well, no.  But this is good, because I'm packing lunches for myself and my husband (and making stuff for my kid to come home and eat at lunch - we live a one minute walk from his high school).  He's on an egg salad sandwich jag, so I'm happy about that because it's so easy to boil a bunch of eggs, mash them up and leave the container in the fridge for him to make sandwiches. 

Anyhow, I'm a little annoyed because I didn't look carefully enough at best before dates on the ricotta I bought, and now I have to use it up quickly - three big containers of it!  Better yet, they didn't have light stuff, but I thought, I don't eat much at a time, so that's okay, I'll just get the regular since it's so much cheaper at Costco than the Tre Stelle Light stuff is in regular grocery stores.  Well, I open one this morning and realize that the due date is January 21st!  Sigh.  So, my husband and I are going to be eating lots of ricotta/vanilla/splenda snacks over the next five days!  I'll be eating one for breakfast and one for a snack every day.  Also, I bought a box of four packages of these wafer-thin crackers that are 50 calories and 2g protein per 9 crackers.  I opened the box, and one of the small boxes inside was completely unwrapped (no cellophane) and a third of the crackers missing! I didn't notice this when I bought it.  Factory defect, I think, because the big box was sealed right.  So that's a drag.  But the rest of the crackers are fine.  But I'm kicking myself for not noticing in the little window in the big box. Oh well.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup of mixed frozen raspberries, blackberries and blueberries

S - 1 oz brie, 9 of those wafer-type crackers, 1 clementine

L - Leftover beef rouladen (just loving that freezing the leftovers thing), a bit of mashed potato and red cabbage on the side, and a banana for dessert

S - Another serving of ricotta/vanilla/splenda with 1/2 cup mixed berries

D - Leftover rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and leftover red cabbage

S - A cup of skim milk

TOTALS: 88g protein, 45g fat, 116g carbs (that banana is a killer on the carbs, but I don't mind carbs from fruit), 12g fiber, 1224 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 1/15/14 7:49 pm

I can hear the happiness in your words re getting back to goal....good stuff!!!!

....and wonderful steps Michelle......I hope we are on the same team....

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 11:07 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Barb, I'm feeling much better today than I have in a while, and am planning another walk at lunch - I'm on the Smokin' A's. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Monica9811
on 1/15/14 8:14 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I know it is a pain but i would take the Ricotta back and the crackers and get new ones!  Costco is the best place to deal with things like that.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 11:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I was thinking about that, but it's a bit of a trek out to Costco, and I think I can use up the ricotta on time.  The crackers - well, I could do that, I guess, but I think I'm just going to cut my losses this time.  The gas and time I'd use (plus dealing with the crowds) isn't worth the buck I might have lost! LOL.  I agree with you, though - Costco is fantastic about returns.  They're fantastic in general, actually.  The prices are great, even when you factor in your membership fee, and what I really appreciate is that they treat their employees properly and pay them a living wage.  They are proof that you don't have to starve your employees to give your customers great prices.

Patm
on 1/15/14 9:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The date on the ricotta is the last date they can sell it. It is still good for at least a week after. Personally I would take the crackers back. I always over spend at Costco but then my grocery bills for the next month are lower.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 11:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Ah, okay.  Well then I'll definitely be able to use up on time.  I'm pretty squeamish about going past best before dates, but I'm sure it will be fine.

kristaeb
on 1/15/14 9:29 pm

Morning, my workout tonight at Curves will be the start of a new workout program that Jillian ( trainer from biggest loser ) is now doing. It comes across the big screen and we do a workout with her...Very excited to get started..

B- Tea and greek yogurt.

S- 4 melba rounds and laughing cow., 

L- spaghetti squash with ground chicken and veggies and spaghetti sauce.

S- 2 turkey roll ups with LF cheese and pickle slice.

D- same as lunch

S- roasted chick peas...

Have a great Thursday..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Patm
on 1/15/14 10:08 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. I always feel cheated when I go to Florida and it is cold. It is suppose to be warm and sunny. Last year when we came back from our cruise it was freezing and we did not really have the clothes for it. Golfing should help warm you up.

Great steps yesterday, 10, 163,  some on the bike. Hope to do some more tonight. Otherwise I will do a meditation yoga tape. Need to stretch out my back. Not wanting to let down my team is really motivating me.

I brought my lunch and then remembered I am going out today. Someone is leaving our department. We are going to a Japanese restaurant, Ematei. I seem to remember I could get some meat there. I have put in chicken and gravy and will see. Unfortunately they do not have a menu on-line

b greek yogurt, blueberries

s. carrots, hummus

l chicken, gravy?

s almonds

d turkey soup, apple

s crackers and laughing cow

cal 989 carb 93 prot 78

Most Active