What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 1/15/14 12:30 am

sounds like a good friend........

Onward and
Downward

on 1/14/14 11:17 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb, and I hear you about the bread. It's been my downfall lately too.  I'll have to smarten up. :)

Today: Work, then going to Costco after work to pick up some groceries (the prices are too good on stuff I stock up on to go anywhere else - even worth the crowded hassle), and then I'm going to tackle my side of the bedroom, including laundry that I have let pile up since the holidays.  Lots to do!  But I'll be glad to have a quiet evening at home doing it.

I didn't do any totals when I packed my lunch and snacks today, and I don't have time to do it now since I need to get to work, but here's what I packed today and what I'm planning for later.  I might not get through all of this food - it's already 10:17 and I have just finished the rice pudding and mango and I'm full.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/4 cup leftover mango and kind of rice pudding-like stuff (heavy on the mangoes, less on the rice), and half a protein bar

S - 1 oz blue cheese on 7 soda crackers, and a clementine orange

L - Leftover beef roladen with red cabbage and tiny bit of mashed potato (yes, still going through this - it's delicious and I portioned the leftovers out into lunch-sized portions and froze them).

S - About an ounce (didn't weigh, but I use the same container every time) roasted edamame beans, and a clementine orange

S - Second snack - I'm bringing this to Costco so that I'm not ravenous by the time I get home. The other half of the protein bar, and an apple if I feel like eating it.

D - Rotisserie chicken from Costco, and I'll probably make some mashed potatoes for the family to go with it, and perhaps steam some carrots.  I'll just have a bit of each of the side dishes.  And I think I'll also serve some leftover beef gravy with it from the roladen, just so my husband will fall in love with me all over again. LOL.

S - Glass of skim milk if I feel like I need it.  Probably not since I'll be eating late.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 1/15/14 12:32 am

lol....re your husband falling in love with you all over again......for my DH....mashed potatoes elevates every meal to star status.......he really dislikes me when I am on a fish kick......( which I have been on the last week)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 1:27 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Heh. The mashed potatoes are really for me. I love how easy they are - just stick the pot on and boil them in the background while preparing the rest of the stuff, then mash them when the food's ready.  Unfortunately I can't have much of them anymore, but I don't find mashed potatoes to be a trigger food, so they work well as the starchy side dish for me.  And my sisters-in-law told me on the weekend that I should just leave the skins on while cooking them so that they retain the nutrients in the skin, so I did, and they turned out just find. So now I don't even have to bother peeling!  Beauty, eh? :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

S_Tucker1
on 1/15/14 12:03 am

7 Weeks Post Op- still in a stall (on my second week- grrr!!).  At another poster's recommendation, I am trying to remove fruits and have more protein to shake things up:

B- mozzarella skim milk cheese stick, Greek yogurt, turkey pepperette

L- Pita Pizza- 1/4 of a whole wheat pita bread- pizza sauce (pinch of cheddar cheese with veggies and chicken)

S- turkey pepperette

D- pork tenderloin (3 oz), salad with fat free dressing

Drink more water and I have volleyball for an hour this evening.

Calories: 654, Fat- 24 g, Carbs- 36 g, Protein- 71g

Dr. Referral- Aug 2012, Orientation- March 2013, Psych/Nut & Gastroscopy- Sept 2013, Internist & Social Work- Nov 6, 2013...

birdiegirl
on 1/15/14 12:33 am

Looks like a great menu Tucker......take your measurements.....and hang in there

Most Active