PURE PROTEIN PROTEIN BAR (Walmart)

dragongirl_76
on 1/14/14 12:40 am

yep, got them at costco for $18 in a variety pack.

have only tried the PB so far but i like, or should i say don't mind, the taste.

great for when i know i wont be able to get to have a real meal.

jen1016
on 1/14/14 3:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

I have seen people talk about the Oh Yeah bars, where do we get them from? 

PaulaToronto
on 1/14/14 12:14 pm - Toronto, Canada

I get them at Costco but Shoppers carry them too in individual bars so you can try them. They are in the diet/supplement area.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Brenda T.
on 1/14/14 8:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

I have had these every morning for a year and a half.  They cost $7.97 for box of 6 at Walmart, and at costco they are $13.99 for 18 pack, I think.

yum yum

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 6:54 am

this is the email i got back from the diatician at TWH re. the quality of the bar:

Hi Sarah,

Nice to hear from you. So glad about the weight loss! I knew it would come along so it's nice to hear!

As far as the whey protein goes..whey protein hydrolysates are proteins that have been partially broken down by exposing the protein to heat. It makes it a little more bitter but allows it to be absorbed more rapidly than the concentrate or isolate. Not sure how much faster since concentrates and isolates are already fast digesting. Whey protein in any of its form has an excellent digestibilty and aminio acid profile.

The bar that you have sounds good. Just make sure to follow the guidelines for buying protein bars and you should be good!

Now .. if only I knew what she meant about the "guidelines for buying protein bars".  I have to get out my TWH resources.  Unless someone out there knows off by heart?  

Zizzler
on 1/17/14 5:27 am

i tried the triple chocolate and it was good, thanks again

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/14 7:37 am - Burlington, Canada

At my 3 month post op TWH with the dietician, she actually had the bars on display in her office. I told her I was so happy to see them there and she said they are good but only in moderation and not to be used as a meal substitute. She also said that half a bar at a time was recommended. I buy mine at Costco. 

Most Active