Surgery date change

suzycuetoronto
on 1/12/14 1:06 am
RNY on 02/03/14

Hello everyone.

I am scheduled to have a Rny done on Feb 3, but there is a lot of crap going on in my life right now and I have to move at the end of the month along with some other stuff. I feel I need to be in a healthy environment for this huge lifestyle change. So my question is has anyone changed their date? Will I be put at the bottom of the list? I'm feeling so down and out right now.

4-Jane
on 1/12/14 1:26 am, edited 1/12/14 1:28 am - Canada

Hey sorry to hear could you explore so options other than moving your date ie

call in your supports and have then move you

or ask them to do this while your recovering ,the packing prior to surgery ......many go through a nesting period where they clean and organize like crazy.  I would enjoyed the distraction that packing would have given while on optifast and for my supports they would have liked to do concert things to do while I rested after surgery.... Of course you could always contact your surgeon and ask what the process would be if you needed to change dates by a few weeks.   I hope things fall in place for you good luck

Respectfully Jane
Lana00
on 1/12/14 5:59 am

Hi, sorry to hear about your tough time as well. 

Read some time ago that you could pause the process for up to 6 months. Any more than that and you would have to start the process over again. I'm not sure what that would do with your actual surgery date though. It may be on the registry website and I just didn't recall it. 

Good luck!

suzycuetoronto
on 1/12/14 6:07 am
RNY on 02/03/14

Thanks for the info I will check it out. :) 

Most Active