energy level post-op ?

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 7:34 am
When did you guys start getting more energy ? I am tired and sleepy all the time. I wake up tired, get back from work at 3.30 and have a nap. Pick up the kids at 6, feed them , wash them, put them to sleep and falling asleep at 11 again to start all over the next day. I was always very active, this is killing me
aidan
on 1/10/14 7:41 am - Canada
I started0 feeling more normal at about 6 weeks post-op. Hang in there!

Katie M.
on 1/10/14 7:48 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I don't know when exactly my energy level increased, but by about two months I was back to normal. At three months I wouldn't even know I'd had surgery, except that I avoid some foods and eat like a bird ;) You'll get your energy back, just hang in there! In the meantime make sure you get lots of sleep and rest when your body says rest - at TWH they said it takes 4 months to fully heal!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 10:08 am

for me, it wasn't until i was on soft diet did i really start to get my energy back.  i just wasn't bringing in any significant calorie and nutrient value.  even with vitamins,  the quality of nutrition with whole foods is still so much better for our bodies.

also, keep in mind that you are still healing.  your body slows down so as to use its resources to heal.  

you can't rush this, i'm afriad.  continue to take the naps your body asks for and try your best to eat high quality foods as often as possible.  don't  forget your water intake as that helps flush out any post-op guk and helps speed up your recovery.

all the best! :)

msmith14
on 1/10/14 10:38 am, edited 1/10/14 10:38 am

It will come, so no worries. Just think soon enough you will feel like brand new :-)

I just read your signature, have you already had your procedure? Noticed that you just had the information session the beginning of December. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 11:04 am

oh, sorry guys, I just realized that it sounds confusing. I didn't have the surgery yet but I am wondering whether the energy increases j.

/ust as the weight drops or you actually become more active and then the energy comes. Sorry again, had 4 hours of sleep today so I write as I talk today, all mumbly :)

Katie M.
on 1/10/14 12:09 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Oh, yes - you'll be shocked at the amount of energy you'll have after surgery! Not right away, as people have said, but as the weight comes off you'll feel like a new person :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Most Active