What are you eating/doing today ( Friday))

Patm
on 1/9/14 10:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Waking up to more snow was not great but what can you do. It is January! Went to a pot luck last night. I should have planned better. There was not much there I wanted to eat. I took hummus and veg so had mostly that. Also only got in just over 5, 000 steps. Need to up my exercise. The Christmas gain is not coming off as easy this time.

Tonight will be another adventure. My daughter and her band are playing at Timothy's Pub in Etobicoke. I thought we would just go there for a late dinner and stay for the band which I love. But they do not post their menu. The posts I have found have mixed reviews and it sounds like typical pub food. Now thinking I may eat at home then go. Of course this will only work if my husband is able to stay awake!

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s carrots and hummus

l pea and ham soup, silhouette yogurt

s pure protein bar

d no idea at this point

cal 852, carb 90, prot 76

Julia P.
on 1/9/14 10:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 Year Post Op

Good morning, everyone!  I'm back from a 2-day work offsite in Niagara on the Lake - it was fun, but the eating was not the best!  We had a wonderful dinner at Inniskillin Winery - we worked as a team with the chefs to cook a gourmet meal, then ate it togeter. There was also LOTS of wine!  I did go for a run in the hotel gym while there, which was good.  I also ran 5KM this morning at the gym.

Here's my eating plan for the day:
B - Protein Bar

S - Pepperettes, Cheese

L - Egg salad on Melba toast

S - Hummus and Carrots

D - Going out so will have their awesome pear/brie salad with salmon

S - Will be at book club so will have some fruit there, sugar free jello

Totals - 1412 calories, 99g carbs, 76g fat, 84g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

kellybelly333
on 1/9/14 10:58 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

Had a rough time with my kids in Disney with the ex and his gf....went to the movies and indulged in a small popcorn and diet coke for dinner last night. I feel much better today. They are having a great time, and I will be able to have a vacation with them someday too. It's just a bit of a punch in the gut.

I slept in, and had planned on going to the gym this morning, as we are having our office holiday luncheon today (yes, always in January). So, instead of saying "screw it" I got up and put on three layers of clothes, and went running. It was slow, but I did it. So i'm happy about that. Forgot to wear my Fitbit, but at least I know I did 5k, so I have that to add in to the challenge :-)

B: protein shake

S: protein special K (BTW, if any new people out there are reading this, I do not recommend cereal and mil****il you are at goal, and even then it's not a great idea. I"m just finishing the box. There isn't a great amount of protein compared to carbs to make this worthwhile...and I don't tolerate too much milk with it).

L: goat cheese and beet salad, with steak and wine YAY!

D: chicken and veggies

I usually aim for 1200 calories a day, and over 100 grams of protein. I left room for whatever else the luncheon may bring. And I might eat more chicken than I expect to.

Totals Cal:1,001 Carb:41 Fat: 17 Protein: 89 Fibre: 8 Sugar: 13

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Foy
on 1/9/14 11:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

RNY - 4 months post op

I had my 3 months appts yesterday and things are going well weight loss wise. I need to make sure I get my vitamins all in. I was low on iron and D which is my own fault for not sticking with my supplements as I should. It is a work in progress and I vow to get better.

The NUT wants to see more variety in what I eat so I am going to surf the recipe group to see if there is anything that peaks my interest. I am grocery shopping tonight and then this weekend I have decided to totally clean out my closet..... SO MUCH to get rid of.

B - rice krispies, milk and protein powder

S -  undecided

L - chilli with protein powder

S - undecided 

D - turkey concotion 

S - undecided

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

libra1
on 1/10/14 12:21 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

104 lbs lost in 4 months -- yah--- I'd say things are going really well weight loss wise. Congrats!!

I have my 3 month appointment (which will actually be over 4 months) in a couple of weeks at TWH. What does it consist of? Do they want us to bring in our menus?

I have to say I wasn't impressed with the one month appointment. It felt like I was part of a herd of cattle. I'm hopeful this upcoming one will be more of a personal approach.

Foy
on 1/10/14 12:30 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

I had a month of Opti too so really it is about 5 months. I know people here compare weight loss all the time. One thing I have learned is that everyone loses at the rate they lose, I don't need to compare myself to others but just keep on trucking along.

Three months was not like my one month. 

NP - discuss blood work I had done before coming going in. Talk about any pain or issues with the surgery. She took weight, measurements - we did follow up blood work only because of some high enzyme levels at the time I took my blood work, but second tests came back fine. It was because of an antibiotic I was on. She was thorough with my blood work, she *****ed at me nicely for not keeping my vitamin intake consistent as it reflects in the blood work.

NUT - I took in my food log that I track in My Fitness Pal - we looked at protein intake, options for more veggies, I don't rely on shakes but she wants to get a bit more protein in even though I hit the required amounts. Mind you on the low end some of the time. We discussed what a typical day looked like, when I should take my vitamins to help me remember to get them in. Over all just adding variety and keeping on track.

SW - was a discussion about how life is etc, challenges I see, support system etc. 

Overall it was good, 3 appts in an afternoon is a lot but I got them out of the way :)

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

libra1
on 1/10/14 12:45 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thanks Foy. I appreciate your response.

Have a great weekend!

Most Active