What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 1/8/14 7:39 pm, edited 1/8/14 7:48 pm

RNY  4 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

Had a harrowing drive south....the worst in 28 years.......but its great to be here.   Getting organized today....out for dinner this evening to an Italian night.....I have my plan!

STEPS - 10,347.....I was surprised when I checked my fitbit....all the unpacking and grocery shopping added up

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 ham-cheese-pickle roll up

L - 1 ham-cheese-pickle roll ups

D - small Caesar salad

1-2 meatballs depending on size

bit of chicken cacciatore

glass of Merlot

MYFITNESSPAL totals .....Calories - 1,021,  Carbs - 42 grams,  Fat - 44 grams,  Protein - 80 grams

All water....taking a cooler with me today....and vits

Have a great one...mail

Onward and
Downward

on 1/8/14 7:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Glad you made it safely, Barb!  Enjoy your Italian night tonight.  Looks like a good plan to me!

This is my first day back to work after the holidays.  Kind of looking forward to it but kind of not.  It'll be good to be back in a routine, but the extreme stress at work is not very "routine".  My family member is out of the hospital - thanks for your well wishes on Monday, folks.  So today I'm hoping to stay on track, and get lots of walking in during my day at work.  Then tonight after work I'm picking up some meat at the butcher for the weekend - a special cut of beef for the family recipe since we're having my husband's family here for a belated holiday dinner on Saturday.  Then taking my kid to his guitar lesson and taking my banjo into the shop to be fixed while I'm there.  Then, spending the evening tonight preparing the beef for Saturday since we're going out for dinner tomorrow night and I want to get the prep out of the way.  So, a busy day today!

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup mixed blackberries and raspberries

S - 7 crackers and 1/4 cup of chicken spread

L - Meatloaf lunch from cafeteria

S - Another serving of the ricotta and berries - comfort food to eat at work

D - Marinated meat of some kind (I'm going to buy some prepared at the butcher shop when I pick up the beef), a couple of tbsps of rice, and perhaps some snap peas from my mom's garden that I've had in the freezer for a while.

S - 1 cup of skim milk

TOTALS: 110g protein, 39g fat, 89 carbs, 11g fiber, 1216 calories

Have a great day, folks!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 1/8/14 7:51 pm

Good morning Michelle;

I sincerely hope the medical issues are cleared up quickly for you and your family.....its always so difficult when someone you love is in the hospital...

You sound like you have a busy day ahead........I usually find I am better once I get into whatever I have been worrying about....so I hope work stress lessens for you.....its a *****!

Take care of yourself....you sound a little frazzled

Onward and
Downward

on 1/8/14 10:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks. I'm feeling very frazzled, but I'll survive it! I've just decided that I'm not going to take on the insane workload at work that I have been.  I'm not staying in this position anyhow, so I don't need to impress anyone. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Sunny123
on 1/8/14 8:21 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

1 month 4 days Post Op

The weather sure isn’t suitable for travelling.  My Broker is stuck in Syracuse as I81 is shut down!

Off for my one month check up today. I have lots of questions to ask. I am still in a stall.

Steps –5035

B-, Danone Silhouette fat free greek yogurt Vanilla 1 scoop All Max Nutrition protein

S- Mini babybel light and pepperette turkey

Lunch – hard boiled egg sliced turkey - Piller's oven roasted turkey

S- Premier protein shake

Dinner  - homemade beef barley soup, 3 soda crackers

FITNESS PAL Calories  653  Carbs  34    Fat  17    Protein  95   Sodium  1618  Sugar 6

Question: Snacks – should they be around half the size of a meal? My morning one seems large today but I guess I am compensating for the smaller breakfast of just yogurt?

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 1/8/14 8:49 pm

Your menu looks great.....keep doing what you are doing and the weight will come off!!....your body is adjusting too.....

RE meals and snacks......I try to do the same thing....my snack is half the calories of a meal....but really it doesn't matter....nor does it matter if you begin your day with a "snack"....and then have your meal....its all just verbiage eh?.....

Sunny123
on 1/8/14 9:21 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thanks, that makes sense because we're focusing on the totals.

Appreciate the help - as always!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Gabygee
on 1/8/14 9:45 pm - Canada

Jan 9 2014 - the weather continues to play havoc with my ability to move around outdoors.

I would dearly love to go for a walk, but it is actually dangerous on most sidewalks right now in the GTA, as 90% of the ones in my area are sheets of glare ice. Salt and sand have no effect when it is this cold. My YakTrax are a godsend, but it's no fun right now.

Will walk around our four-storey lab building at lunchtime, and get up and down the stairs a few times - that should replace my walks outdoors.

B - bowl of Cheerios, 1/2 banana, large coffee

S - 1% cottage cheese, raspberries, granola

L - 2 turkey bites, 21 g old cheddar, 4 crackers and 1 apple

S - cereal bar, large coffee

D - 1 soft taco with beef barbacoa and guacamole.

PepperBB
on 1/8/14 10:02 pm - Canada

Good Morning Everyone!

I think it might be time for a little stall...have not lost in about a week, but this time...it doesn't bother me as much. I am just going to keep on going on like I have been.

So for today...here we go:

B - Protein Shake/sm coffee

S - Hard boiled egg

L - Cream of Mushroom soup (1 cup)

S - Greek Yogurt

D - Fire Roasted pepper and tomato soup with 4 sm meatballs (one small scoop of protein powder)

S - Snack pack

Total Cal - 832

Protein - 63

Carbs - 75

Fat 32

Thanks and have a great day!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Patm
on 1/8/14 10:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you posted today Barb. Was wondering if you made it okay with the weather so bad. I couldn't get to sleep last night. Went to the kitchen for warm milk (usually helps me sleep) and ended up eating some cereal. Now I am not hungry. So only coffee so far this morning. Also I am at a pot luck tonight. not sure what I will eat. Taking quinoa salad and hummus and vegetables so can eat that if nothing else inspires me. I may need a protein shake or bar later to up my protein. I have been trying to just get protein from food so my menu looks good for my 2 year check up.

b coffee

s silhouette yogurt

l pea and lentil ham soup, apple

s hummus and carrot

d hummus, carrot, quinoa salad

s protein shake?

cal 902, carb 118, prot 70.5

Hav a good day everyone

Most Active