What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

Nerak
on 1/3/14 10:22 pm - Canada

This morning I've officially lost more than 50 lbs. I feel like I look good and my body feels amazing - I want to get out and move it! So the menu today includes activity and food and lots of love and gratitude!

Bacon and a little scrambled egg

Burrito or something for lunch

Ham and acalloped potatoes and carrots for supper

Tobogganing with my sons

Walking with my dogs

Getting my skates sharpened

Playing Monopoly

Working on my thesis. 

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Patm
on 1/3/14 10:29 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was going to start my better eating today but my husband made me breakfast this morning so will have to start after the large meal I just had. I had gained a few pounds over Christmas but seemed to be able to lose it right away. Today I am up 6 pounds and am not happy about it. SO will go for a long walk this morning. It is not just the distance but the boots I bought for walking last year each weigh about 5 lbs. Like wearing weights on your feet. I have also been drinking too  much so detox starts today.

b 2 eggs and bacon

l turkey soup, apple

s baby carrots and hummus

d scallops, salad

s yogurt, granola

cal 1095 carb 81, prot 81.5

Onward and
Downward

on 1/3/14 11:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Welcome home, Barb!  Sounds like t'is the season to regain. I'm back up to 180 lbs, 4 pounds above my lowest weight so far.  Sigh.  I guess maybe I just have to suck it up and set a second goal for real and try to reach it.  Maybe 165.  That's only 15 lbs less than what I am now, so it's doable.  Good luck to everyone who is struggling with this. 

Had a nice night last night with a couple of friends, but when we got home, my husband and I got into an argument, which sucked.  We haven't talked since.  We don't normally argue to the point where we don't talk to each other afterwards - we're usually pretty tight.  I'm hoping I can channel my unhappiness about this into taking a walk to the library and picking up the books I have on hold rather than eating crap today. :( 

I think I'm going to have a mostly lazy day.  A walk to the library, which is a subway station away so a nice 40 minute walk there and back, then I'm going to read the books.  At least when I read books I don't generally EAT. :)  I'll probably also make up a couple of batches of chicken spread since I have chicken in the fridge that needs to be used today.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup mixed raspberries and blackberries

S - A clementine and a handful of nuts in the shell

L - Leftover jerk chicken breast with some garden salad

S - Chicken spread on 7 soda crackers

D - Either leftover jerk chicken or whatever I decide to make for the family - haven't quite figured it out yet. I put down jerk chicken, a couple of tbsps of mashed potatoes, and some steamed broccoli.

S - 1 cup of skim milk

TOTALS: 117g protein, 74 carbs, 42g fat, 12g fiber, 1172 calories

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Julia P.
on 1/4/14 2:06 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm sorry to hear that you and your husband had an argument.  I hope you can resolve it soon.  I also hate fighting with my HB - the distance after an argument is brutal. 

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Most Active