Back home...

new_me180
on 1/2/14 1:45 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I finally gave in today and went to the ER after having a week of nausea and vomiting for the last 2 days. I was miserable and beginning to feel weak. Whilst at the hospital, they did X-rays, US and blood work and it all came back negative. Even the gallstones they saw in the MRI did not show in the US. So I guess I have no gallstones, confusing, I know. The doc tried to do oral meds first and juice but, after I threw up again, I had to have IV meds and fluids. After two rounds of anti emetics and IV antacids, I told him I was well enough to go home. I was even feeling hungry and well enough to eat. I've been home now for about and hour and now that everything is wearing off, I feel queasy againdevil. Since all my tests were normal, the ER doc said maybe the ulcer I'm being treated for is probably the cause of all these problems and to follow up with the surgeon.... I'm tired of doctors TBH!!! Seems like every time I get into a routine, something comes up. It could be worse, so I should be grateful.

Thanks to all those who gave me support and advise. Hope all turns out well.

Susan M.
on 1/2/14 2:47 pm

Wow, Happy you're home but I hope you'll be able to start keeping some things down.

I hate ulcers, it could be worse, and I know it's important to stay positive, but it's also nice to commiserate with someone over all the crud you have to deal with sometimes.

Good luck tonight.

new_me180
on 1/3/14 1:27 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks for the support. Yeah, sometimes you have to vent a little. I hope everything works out well too. Will  keep you updated.

LittleMiss2013
on 1/2/14 10:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

what about a stricture? Have you had an endoscopy? I have heard strictures can cause vomiting and nausea. I would ask your surgeon for an endoscopy because one way or another stricture/ulcer they should be able to see then what's wrong and fix it for you. Sorry you're feeling yucky

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

new_me180
on 1/3/14 1:32 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I already had an endoscopy a month ago and that's when they found the ulcer. Don't know if he will do another one so soon. It could a stricture because I've noticed sometimes when I drink, it gets stuck in my throat and goes down very slowly. I will call the surgeon and see what he says. Thanks.

Most Active