What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

kellybelly333
on 1/2/14 1:05 am - Toronto, Canada

You can totally lose those 5 pounds!! I got off a few extra before my PS too. I read that the more you have off, the looser the skin will be and they have more to work with. Made sense to me! 

So excited for you!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 1/2/14 1:09 am - Newmarket, Canada

nods!!! kiss I know I can do it, I MUST be diligent!! 

THX Kelly!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

kellybelly333
on 1/2/14 1:39 am - Toronto, Canada

I filled up on protein shakes afterwards too. I wasn't hungry much, so took advantage of that.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 1/2/14 1:48 am - Newmarket, Canada

I will have shakes on hand fooorrr sure! I also made chili and some AWESOME soup for the freezer. I wanted to make it a little easier for Stevie! I am soooo picky and thought this would be proactive

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Onward and
Downward

on 1/2/14 10:57 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You got lumpy ones too??  I'm so unhappy - I bought three cases of Premier Protein shakes from Costco in November and I think they must have let them freeze on the truck or in storage or something, because mine are lumpy too.  I really need to take them back.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Leanne1
on 1/2/14 11:25 am - Newmarket, Canada
Yep! I thought it was mebut after trying 3, I had enough and took them back

Julia P.
on 1/2/14 12:59 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 year 2 months post-op

Good morning, everyone!

I started today out with a 10KM run on the treadmill which felt great!  Now my next challenge is to stick to my meal plan and stop the mindless snacking, particularly at night.  It's been a bad month or so (pretty much since my cruise in late November), and now I've got 10lbs I need to re-lose to get back to goal!   Nothing is really bothering me anymore from a food standpoint including sugar, which is not a good thing.  So it's all on me now to keep my eating in check.

I keep trying to figure out how to change my ticker to reflect the weight gain, but for some reason I can't seem to figure it out in the new message board format.  Any tips would be great!

Here's my plan for the day:

B - protein bar, 2 clementines

S - pepperettes

L - egg salad, 3 pieces melba toast, spinach salad

S - Armstrong cheese string

D - Ham, peppers

S - Cottage cheese with cinnamon/splenda, jello

Totals - 1423 calories, 107g carbs, 66g fat, 102g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

kellybelly333
on 1/2/14 1:38 am - Toronto, Canada

Oy! I find it so hard to run that far on a treadmill. Good for you! I can't stand it myself. I'm going spinning in the morning, because it's too cold out for me too. I swore that I ran in the cold weather last year, but remembered that I had my PS in January, and didn't run again for six weeks, so I missed all the cold weather (since it was milder before that). I need to get up and go to the gym now instead.

Julia P.
on 1/2/14 1:44 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I agree, it is nowhere near as fun as running outside!  I have to play a lot of mind games with myself to get through the hour.  Having good music helps, but I much prefer running outside!  There's no way I could do it in this cold/snow though.

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Lolabug
on 1/2/14 1:47 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Happy New Year!

Got thru the holidays just fine. First ones that I am post-op and also first ones where I lost weight. I had said goodbye to all of the special treats last year so I was prepared this year to not have any. Made sure there was a dessert for me, strawberries with a bit of whipped cream while everyone else had x-mas cookies and apple strudel.

Back at work today and it is really quiet here.

B - protein shake with coconut dream

L - black forest ham slices with laughing cow cheese, blueberries

S - premier protein shake

D - some kind of protein with veggies

Have a great one everyone!

Most Active