a movie about gastric bypass....

Crystal82
on 12/31/13 6:19 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14
Well I'm not sure if it's really about gastric bypass as it more about a woman's journey after gastric bypass and meeting her goals. I don't believe it's terribly new but a friend just told me she found it randomly on Netflix yesterday and watched it. So I sat down today and watched it. It's called "Pretty Ugly People". Awful title but an ok watch. I'm not sure if I liked it or if I didn't. I kind of had a mixed bag of emotions while watching it. Maybe its because it gets u thinking. I guess each person has their own personal journey and reasons for choosing this path. My surgery date is getting closer and closer and the butterflies have begun and the second guessing is in full swing was kinda nice to see how life could be post op (with less drama then the movie) hopefully! Lol There were some recognizable actors in it such as : Melissa McCarthy (Molly from Mike and Molly) Phill Lewis (the Suite Life) and Mississauga Plye (Bug Fish and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) If you haven't seen it u might enjoy it or you won't. If this movie is old news to most of you sorry! Figured there had to be others who were like me and have never heard of it. Happy New Year everyone!!!
cutekatie
on 12/31/13 7:01 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Thank you for sharing. I always like watching those types of movies on Netflix. I'll let you know what I thought of it.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

cutecanadiangirl
on 12/31/13 7:02 am

This movie was one that probably went straight to video and bypassed the theater. It was okay. It dealt with some of the actor's emotional issues, but she looked to perfect.  The ending was predictable but it ended happily.  Melissa McCarthy was the best part of the movie.

Yoyo4life
on 12/31/13 7:40 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

Didn't hear of this movie but thanks girl...gonna watch it!!!

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Pamela.S.
on 12/31/13 7:59 am - Canada

I haven't heard of this, but will try to watch.  I did watch "My 400 lbs Life" on TLC which was interesting because it showed some of the emotional issues that the woman and her husband went through.  The husband was so accustomed to taking care of the wife that he had a hard time when she could do things for herself.  I think that it's very important to research this surgery because it doesn't only change the way you eat.  It changes your whole life and I'm sure affects your family - how you socialize etc.  Many people at the orientation hadn't done any research, which I found scary.

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/13 8:11 am

It's a comedy and a poorly done one at that.  

Susan M.
on 12/31/13 10:59 am

I just started watching it, I think I got 30 minutes in, but it was painful and I just can't keep going...

Crystal82
on 12/31/13 11:02 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14
Painful how?

Surgery January 6, 2014!

Susan M.
on 12/31/13 1:25 pm

Mostly the cliches, and also several of the characters.  I know it's a comedy, but I guess it just isn't my type.  I can't really berate it since I didn't fini****

LilyBugsMommy
on 1/1/14 12:09 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I am going to check it out :)

I have also watched the TLC series where they followed the different people on their weight loss journeys and found them to be very good, interesting and informative. Although I wasn't super, morbidly obese ( weighed under 300 lbs at the time of surgery), I still felt that I could relate to the people they followed and their stories.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active