Dawn's inspired me to 'fess up. No judgment wanted or needed.

Monica M.
on 1/1/14 2:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thank you!  Will put on my shoes this afternoon!

highlandbear
on 1/1/14 3:18 am - Canada

You will feel great once you get out there. I just came back from my run. I did not want to go but once I was out there felt great. Did I have a fast run no but it does not matter. It is all about doing it. Have a great run.

reenie33
on 12/31/13 9:55 pm

I know you have motivation. I feel that you may be feeling remorse for not being able to help your sister, and panic about not being able to help your neice. You will get there! Btw, thank you for your advice that you gave to me awhile back, it was well taken

Monica M.
on 1/1/14 2:02 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thank you, reenie, I appreciate your support more than you could know.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/13 10:25 pm

so funny the amount of views this post got ... so many haters on this thing ready and turned on to 'inspect' someone elses missteps.  freaks.

i am positive that you are not alone in your misteps.  leading up to my WLS venture,  i was given a number of misconceptions - one of which that WLS prevents cravings.  that is bull****  i still crave the same **** that got me fat in the first place.  this is a tool, much of it is a mind over matter as well.  we as humans are all a work in progress.  you are not alone in your plight.

your hopes for 2014 are awesome -- GET 'ER DONE!!!  refocus.  this is a mental struggle for you.  you have some neat people on here who are ready and willing to help you get to where you want to be.  i'm just a pm away.  may not have all the answers, but it is nice to know someone believes in you unconditionally.

let go of the past. embrace today.  you know what you need to do. DO IT.  get a journal and make it a mission to document your achievements EVERY DAY (i do this myself).  even if you have a set back, document it.  reflect on it, then let it go and move on to the next day.  take small steps for success.  small goals to achieve.  small goals turn in to bigger ones.  i am now able to walk around my block twice in 15 minutes.  my goal is to get to walk 2k easily by the end of feb -- then start trying to jog it (all in prep for the 2k fun marathon i am doing in may).  i would never think of training for a 5 k now -- but if i can be successful at 2, next year i will do 5.  you know the drill.

bless you this year -- you're smart - you know what to do.  

Monica M.
on 1/1/14 2:03 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thank you so much.  You've brought tears to my eyes.  

Moselle
on 1/1/14 8:17 am - Athens, Canada

Hi Monica,

As always, I loved your post. I think everyone appreciates your honest, down to earth approach.

I just past the 3 year mark and I'm now working to lose the 10 lbs I regained. It is a struggle everyday - but we can do this!

We just need to get back to basics and stay focused on our SMART goals as Dawn says. You know that we are all here for you.

Lots of hugs,  Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Monica M.
on 1/1/14 7:15 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thanks, Moselle!! good luck to you!!

Most Active