Dawn's inspired me to 'fess up. No judgment wanted or needed.

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:50 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

you can do this! go for the 10k!! you've done 2 5ks already, this is just 2 5's closer together! Keep at the exercise. Keep tracking your food. You might be nuts, but that's ok!

Happy New Year!!!

Zizzler
on 12/31/13 12:05 am

I hear what you are saying about if food if in front of you you will eat it.  I am the same way and stopped keeping my trigger carbs (rice, bread, pasta, potato, sugar, flour, chips, crackers, etc) in my house about 3 years ago.  Helpful at home for sure and for packing lunches, but then I go out into the world and there's food everywhere and it is way way harder not to indulge. I truly believe that some people enjoy food in a much more intense and addictive way, and that I am one of those people.  So I hear what you are saying and even though I am pre-op I can relate to that feeling.  Cognitive behavioral therapy has been helpful with this but it is a work in progress. I really admire your courage to post about the struggle you are having and wish you luck in your journey....

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thanks, Zizz. I'm working at keeping the triggers out of my house, but its soooo hard!!!I wish i could just eat to live, instead of live to eat. Hugs, my friend. I have tried CBT, but there's no therapist in my local area, and it was too difficult to add in another 2 hour drive (there and back) plus hour session, to my week. I've got a workbook, and i'm going to try to be more serious about that. WHy does it have to be so hard? (whine whine whine)

Zizzler
on 12/31/13 7:45 am

I hear you about it being so hard and easy to get off track. It is easier for me to keep the trigger foods out because I live alone.  I really like this book called "mind over mood":

http://www.amazon.ca/Mind-Over-Mood-Change-Changing/dp/08986 21283

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/31/13 10:22 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Bump

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

smallisland
on 12/31/13 12:15 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

A very good post.  Thank you :) I think you have set fabulous goals for yourself...I hope I can reach the same goals as I lose weight. I am only 2 months out and I found the days after Christmas to be a real struggle.  I find carbohydrates to be my nemesis but when I can eat raw veggies at 3 months I think that will help. I am finally able to walk without pain.  I think your goal to donate your kidney is not only spectacular but makes you a very special person.  You can do this!  Take care. Sue

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thanks, Sue. Carbs are the enemy! but for me, even more than carbs, excess is my enemy. I tend to push my limits, all the time (wish i could switch that tendency from food to exercise).

Happy New Year

mon

libra1
on 12/31/13 12:18 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Monica, I always appreciate your posts and replies because of your straight forward, no BS responses --- and this post is no different.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:44 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thanks, Libra. I try to be honest, i'm not smart enough to remember too many lies! lol

Curious.George
on 12/31/13 1:21 am - Canada

Thank you to everyone for sharing. I believe we learn from each other and all the sharing today has helped me immensely. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year.

Marj

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Most Active