Plastics info wanted

Leanne1
on 12/29/13 10:29 am - Newmarket, Canada

I'm having my PS in 2 weeks...

I was approved for my panni for ohip coverage and I upgraded to a tummy tuck and breast lift. 

My PS wanted me to lose 10lbs more and maintain for a year; it's been 2.5yrs.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Leanne1
on 12/29/13 1:19 am - Newmarket, Canada

You have to start with your GP. Get a referral to see a plastic surgeon. Once you have selected a PS, you should call and set up an appt. then the ball gets rolling. 

I am having plastics in 2weeks with Dr. Nandagopal from Scarborough. He has an awesome bedside manner and will do what he can to get some of it covered by ohip (but of course, nothing is a guarantee). 

I did go to another PS but he wasn't willing to even send it thru ohip, in fact he told me that nothing would be covered. Dr. Nan got my panni covered!! I upgraded to a tummy tuck and breast lift. Well worth it to me to do this! :)

Where are you located?? 

Dr. Musgrave is also good, she is in Toronto... many people go to her.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

J. Balthrop
on 12/29/13 10:32 am - Post Falls, ID
How much did the upgrade cost you?
Leanne1
on 12/29/13 10:40 am - Newmarket, Canada
Almost $10,000

freespirit63
on 12/29/13 10:53 am - London, Canada

Dr Matic is good I hear.  I would not recommend penni, a friend of mine had it,  I had a TT locally and a second one in Mexico :)

kellybelly333
on 12/29/13 10:21 pm - Toronto, Canada

It depends on how you end up looking actually. I was surprised when a panni only was recommended for me. My PS thought that it wasn't necessary. If I wanted to look perfect (with a scar up the middle) then she would have taken my money. I am left with a tiny bit of extra skin at the top of my belly button. It's not perfect, but I don't really care. You are much tighter getting a full TT, that's for sure, but I wasn't wanting the extra scar, when it wasn't necessary.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

freespirit63
on 12/29/13 10:34 pm - London, Canada
U have to know your info before u have it done. Most Dr will have you loose your belly button with Penni . also with TT you get a muscle repair which brings your waist I. And gives u more curves. Do your research please. Because I had 2 TT please don't hesitate to ask me for info on recovery and such
Mary A.
on 1/9/14 11:02 pm

I was initially denied for a panilectomy in February of 2012...I appealed and after 8 month...OHIP reversed their decision. I have posted here in the past the criteria that the Ministry of Health and Long Term care give as requirements for consideration...what I will remind indiviuals...is just because you have a panni that hangs down...it doesn't mean that you are automatically approved for the surgery.

What I will advise people who are considering this done...try and get your ducks in a row EARLY in the year as with all types of funding for programs..I have NO doubt that they have a budget for this surgery or the amount of surgeries that they approve in a fiscal year~!!

My entire process from initial consult to FINALLY being approved took an entire year...but as indicated above..not everyone has this long road.

If I can be of any further help or guidance please let me know, I only applied for a panni removal nothing breast related.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active