What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)///Christmas Day

birdiegirl
on 12/24/13 7:35 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Looking forward to a nice day with family.....as of late last night we are now hosting another 19 people due to the power outages.....if I had known in advance that I would have that many more people for Christmas dinner I would have scurried around to ensure there was too much food and everything was just perfect

Because its all last minute....we will make do......there will not be enough food....but we can all take smaller portions and no one will starve.....we are leaving for a few days shortly after Christmas so I don't have much food on hand other then what I planned for today....fortunately the turkey is fairly large.....and we will all just take small pieces....I have lots of potatoes and will make enough for a big crowd.....and I will make lots of gravy from the turkey.....it will work out

STEPS - 8850

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Cheese Sandwich

L - grilled chicken on Greek salad

D - Turkey with all the trimmings.....and whatever my brother brings from his freezer that isn't ruined from the power outage...hopefully some veggies and desserts

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,531,  Carbs - 159 grams,  Fat - 68 grams,  Protein - 100 grams

All water and vits

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas day....Christmas can be difficult for many people.....if you find it a tough day to get thru I hope it passes quickly for you

Coco2013
on 12/24/13 8:40 pm
May your hospitality bring enough food for all who walk through your door today. May your guests be trulyof rhe Christmas spirit and be thankful for all you have provided them. A very Merry Christmas to your family and friends.
birdiegirl
on 12/24/13 8:54 pm

thanks coco....to you too

I am just waiting for the rest of the house to arise so I can get into high gear and try to figure out how I am going to organize everything...lol....

Onward and
Downward

on 12/24/13 9:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb and Merry Christmas to you! I am a big believer in the family and friends making the holiday, Barb, and it sounds like you have an abundance.  Everyone will appreciate your hospitality no matter what food is on the table.  Thanks also for the reminder that for some, Christmas can be difficult to get through. For everyone having a difficult day today, hugs your way and I hope it passes for you soon.

On one side of my family we do Christmas on Christmas Eve and on the other side we do it on Christmas Day, so we got through our first nice celebration last night. I tracked everything I ate yesterday after the fact and didn't do too badly considering. 1600 calories, and I actually lost half a pound, which brings me to 160 lbs lost. A Christmas miracle, LOL.

Today: packing up our Christmas gifts and heading over to my dad's place for Christmas #2. Can easily predict my food for today! 

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix, with 1/2 cup raspberries

S - 1 clementine and 1 oz walnuts

L - leftover beef rouladen with red cabbage on the side

S - probably a couple of cookies - just being realistic here - and usually my stepmom has a shrimp ring out before dinner, so I will likely have a few shrimp with ****tail sauce.

D - 4 oz turkey breast, 1/4 cup potatoes, 1/4 cup of whatever veggies are served, 1/4 cup squash, topped with probably 1/4 cup of gravy. And 3 oz glass of white wine. I doubt I will take a full quarter cup of all of these sides but am including for tracking purposes. Might not get through what I do take but will eat the protein first.

S - will probably be stuffed from dinner. If not then possibly a sliver of pie if served. Will count in totals just in case.

TOTALS: 122g protein, 74g fat, 114 carbs, 17g fiber, 1566 calories

Have a good day everyone! I hope everyone who doesn't have power right now gets it back very soon.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

libra1
on 12/24/13 10:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Congratulations! 160 lbs lost is an amazing achievement.

Merry Christmas!

Onward and
Downward

on 12/24/13 10:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks very much, and merry Christmas to you too!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 12/25/13 11:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Merry Christmas Michelle. Hope it id great one

libra1
on 12/24/13 9:48 pm, edited 12/24/13 9:48 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

HO! HO! HO! Merry Christmas!!!

As of today, every one of my family members has power - thank goodness, I was starting to look and smell like a rare bird :s . 

I’m very excited to see everyone tonight at my nephew’s home for Christmas dinner. He was so sweet to call and ask if he should prepare something special to accommodate me. I feel blessed to have all of this positive support from my family and friends.

I’d like to wish you and yours joy, love, and peace today and throughout the year.

B-Oatmeal with ground flax seed

L- Extra lean minced turkey and diced tomatoes

S- Grilled shrimp

D- Protein-- whatever fits the plan

Cal-460, Carbs-15, Fat-14, Protein-70, Sugar-4, Chol-110 --- an estimate

Patm
on 12/24/13 10:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Nice of you to invite all those people Barb. I am sure it will all work out. My daughter and son with their others are coming this afternoon. Out for a walk this morning to the beach. Clean the cobwebs out then back to fix dinner.

b 2 eggs, 2 bacon

l greek yogurt, blueberries

s cheese and crackers

d turkey, potatoes, green beans, salad

s wine

Hope everyone has a great day

highlandbear
on 12/24/13 11:59 pm - Canada

Just want to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Your  dinner will be just fine. It is more about being with people who care about and it will be one Christmas you will not forget.

We never do a breakfast on Christmas day. We do a cheese platter that we can pick at through out the day and going to friends for dinner. There will no gravy for me. I miss the gravy so much. Wish I knew why my stomach does not accept it. I will be careful not to over eat. Goal is not not to a gain a pound during the holidays. I can do it.

Most Active