LittleMiss2013
on 12/22/13 9:26 am, edited 4/14/17 8:10 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

.Save

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Leanne1
on 12/22/13 10:09 am, edited 12/22/13 10:15 am - Newmarket, Canada

Well... IMO... my health comes before anything else!! I work in a hospital and generally in weather like this, the ER is often not horribly busy. Do you live far from the hospital? You likely shoud go get checked out where you had your surgery. OR, call there and ask to speak with the bariatric team on call. See what they say! You probably should make an appt to go see your dr. 

If it were me... and I tried all that.. I would call the team and see what they say and do what they say. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

LittleMiss2013
on 12/22/13 10:37 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Thanks =) I actually live near East General...Jamie did my gallbladder removal =) However I had my RNY at Humber. I have been calling the bariatric surgeons all morning but their mailbox is full and can not take messages. Due to this storm a lot of people are immobilized so maybe the office is closed. Was hoping they could just call me in a prescription for now and book me an appointment, but so far no luck, lol. Will keep trying

Leanne1
on 12/22/13 10:44 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Maybe go see the team at TEGH... if it's not tooo bad! They will understand and can help you regardless ;) Or call the bariatric on call at tegh. See what they say, it won't hurt

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/13 11:03 am

i think i read somewhere that milk actually aggravates acid issues -- double check that in case maybe you should be staying away form it right now than drinking it.

tomorrow is monday:  can you call your bariatric centre and speak to someone?  it sort of sounds like a trip to the hospital wouldn't be a bad idea.  

your symptoms do sound like ulcer symptoms.  that being said, it could also sound like a negative reaction to something you ate.  i had similar symptoms two weeks ago after eating oatmeal.  i was terrified i needed a scope until i spoke to the RPN who advised me that it was a bad reaction yo food.  alas, that same symptom now comes up after i eat anything higher in carbs.  so since avoiding it, i no longer have that feeling.

all of that being said, no one on here is an MD so it probably makes sense you head to the hospital for a scope.  

i hope things get sorted out soon so you can have some peace for christmas day!  :)

LittleMiss2013
on 12/22/13 10:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Yes, you are right about the milk, lol. Won't drink it again. I am trying to call the surgeons office but the mailbox is full and cannot receive messages it says. Was hoping they would just call in a prescription for me and book something for after the holidays. Due to it being Christmas, the huge ice storm and most of Toronto being without electricity.....it may just be shut down =/

new_me180
on 12/22/13 3:15 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

From my experience when I had an ulcer 3 weeks post op, I just started having pain in my new tummy out of the blue. I was on full liquid stage and any thing I drank or "ate", hurt like a B. Water made it even worse. It seemed the more I drank, the worse it got. Eventually I stopped drinking anything and the pain was still there. It took me four days of maybe drinking 2-3 glasses of anything to get dehydrated and earned me an 8 day hospital stay. Don't take too long to get checked out, good luck.

LittleMiss2013
on 12/22/13 9:29 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Sorry, it didn't occur to me until I shut my computer off and went to bed last night that I should have clarified. I'm not looking for anyone to diagnose me online, lol. I know the routine...when in doubt, check it out...call a dr etc etc.

I was just looking for anyone who may of had experience with ulcers and can tell me what it felt like or what they experienced. When I laid down last night I remembered...."Wait, burning lungs...don't I get that EVERY winter?"

I do....and every winter I go to the Dr or the ER and get en x-ray (my dad died of lung cancer so I try not to mess around), and every year they say it's clear and diagnose me with bronchitis, COPD, or whatever else they decide to pick when they can't find anything else. IF it's that....then it's that....but because of the recent RNY my first thought was OMG ulcer.

I'm eating/drinking ok. I don't find YET that eating or drinking makes it any worse....it's just there. There isn't any "pain" yet.....just the burning in my chest....and the burping which could just be surgery related. So wanted to see if there was a frequent secondary symptom I could keep my eyes open for that would tell me OK you better go.

I appreciate your responses =) BTW you are correct Milk does irritate an Ulcer FYI so don't do that anyone else, lol

blopez579
on 12/22/13 11:07 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

At 2 months out, I went to bed fine one night, and the next morning, I woke up feeling yucky.  I took a sip of coffee, and my stomach felt full-stuffed! 

As the morning went on, I felt more nauseous, and finally vomited blood and coffee grounds looking stuff. Then I got bloody diarreah.  I never had any pain. I called the doc, told him the story, he said to take pepcid and call in the morning, and if I got light-headed, to call back.  I did get light headed, fast pulse and sweaty.  I called and they said to go to the ER. 

Turns out I had a bleeding ulcer.  Took two endoscopes to find it though. (if you want a more detailed account, do a search:  two months out-vomited blood update)

Now, three weeks later, I can feel a slight warmth/gnawing feeling below the breastbone sometimes, and I know it's time for my antacid.

Good luck to you!

LittleMiss2013
on 12/22/13 10:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

For the sake of keeping this updated....... I finally got a hold of the Bariatric clinic and she said everyone is on holiday.....if I start vomiting go to the ER. They agree that because I am not vomiting and can keep everything down, it MAY be a respiratory infection or something like that and they don't THINK it's an ulcer.....but if it get's worse go to the ER.

So here's to praying it gets better and not worse and I can hopefully enjoy a peaceful Christmas

Most Active