What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 12/19/13 6:32 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

I am going to have an identical eating day today as yesterday.....just different faces at lunch ......home tonight

STEPS -  6679

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Buffet....will eat some smoked salmon and shrimp....some turkey with a bit of gravy and cranberries....and a few bites of Christmas pudding - and a glass of wine...( have a driver)

D - fried egg sandwich

S - 2 slices of wasa with 1 TB of peanut butter

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories  - 1,470,  Carbs - 116 grams,  Fat - 57 grams,  Protein - 90 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

Sunny123
on 12/19/13 7:29 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

15 Days Post Op

Steps – 3008 – just don’t have the energy right now to exercise – working today showing a house so should have more steps

Sleep 7 hrs 11 minutes  

B- Danone Silhouette Fat Free Greek Yogurt Vanilla w/1 scoop All Max Nutrition Protein

S- 3 melba toast with 100 calorie hummus from Garden Fresh Naturals

Lunch – 1 c beef stew

S- Premier Protein Shake

D- 1 egg, ¼ c milk, 3 soda crackers

Calories  717   Carbs  41    Fat  27    Protein  77  Sodium  1089  Sugar 8

I have this fear that I am eating too much. I don't hurt and I don't have discomfort.              

Hope everyone has a good one!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 12/19/13 7:39 pm

Hi Sunny

Sounds like you are doing great!!....just ensure you are measuring your meals as your nerves have been cut and will really not register fullness until likely too late......a full cup of stew at lunch sounds like quite a lot....the minute you feel full....stop.....you are only two weeks out.....maybe cut that back a bit

You are going to be tired.....your steps look great to me at this early stage.......

Good luck with your showing today.....

kellybelly333
on 12/19/13 10:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

One cup of beef stew (i'm assuming it's pureed at this stage) is a lot, I think. Don't worry about not hurting and no discomfort, it's all good right now. It honestly took me two years before I could finish a small chili (with cheddar cheese) from Wendy's. (and the milk you have for dinner...isn't WITH dinner i'm assuming :-) )

Keep up the great work! The first month is the hardest.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Sunny123
on 12/20/13 1:22 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your thoughts too!

No, I whip the egg in milk to get a bit more protein out of the meal - I set my timer on my iPhone to make sure I don't eat/drink within the half our before and hour after eating!

Appreciate your help!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Sunny123
on 12/19/13 8:05 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thank you for looking at my menu.  I have been sure to measure everything. I will eat 1/2 -3/4 of the stew. It is rather heavy. 

Appreciate your help!

it is tough when you don't feel everything. I have to keep reminding myself it's not necessary to eat everything. Memories of my Mother making me clean my plate before I could leave the table LOL!

I don't think I've felt the fullness feeling yet, so to your point, it's critical to measure.

libra1
on 12/19/13 8:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Meeting friends for breakfast.  Checked out the menu—limited—I’ll eat my breakfast at home and have a latte/coffee while they snarffle down their food.

Have a wonderful weekend!

B-Oatmeal with ground flax seed

S- Latte/coffee

L- Tuna, cucumber & FF Miracle Whip

S- Premier protein shake

D- Extra lean minced turkey and diced tomatoes

Cal-615, Carbs-24, Fat-15, Protein-86, Sugar-5, Chol-140

birdiegirl
on 12/19/13 9:06 pm

Good for you LIbra.....I usually review a restaurants menu on line prior to meeting friends for dinner/lunch too......I like to have a plan before I enter the scene.....and good for you for seeing its not going to work for you food wise......and planning your breakfast before meeting your friends

kristaeb
on 12/19/13 8:59 pm

Good morning .. Happy its Friday but work will be nuts today for sure..Not much sleep last night..Finally have my protein shakes again from Costco.

B- Protein shake and a Tea.

S- LF  Cracker Lg. With some Light PB and SF jam on top.

L.- turkey meat wrap with LF cheese. and pickle slice.

S- Home made protein bar.

D-Not sure yet..

Have a great weekend..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

birdiegirl
on 12/19/13 9:07 pm

GREAT weight loss Krista.....good for you for maximizing your first 6 months or so

Most Active