it's a puree xmas

TammyS74
on 12/19/13 9:13 am - Canada

So xmas eve we usually order chinese clearly i can't have any of that even if it is pureed.  So I am wondering if we did swiss chalet this year and i pureed the meat, had mashed pots could i use some of the swiss chalet sauce? or is there too much sugar in it?  I do not want to dump LOL  If i can't have the chicken  and not their sauce then i can use low fat gravy and everyone else can enjoy the sauce LOL

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

Katiebear291
on 12/19/13 9:26 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

I am a few days after you and i think that is a good idea - mayve order dark meat because it is more moist... but some people have a tough time with the extra grease.  And either look up the ingredients in their sauce or make some homemade gravy to go with it.

Good luck!

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

TammyS74
on 12/19/13 9:39 am - Canada

Thanks Katie!  How are you doing?

Katiebear291
on 12/19/13 9:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

I tried to do too much too soon and have put my muscle healing back by what feels like a week.  Eating is great though - I have tolerated everything i have tried so far - trying to keep to the guidelines. I fully plan to have a bit of turkey dinner at christmas - just mashed squash and minced turkey w/ gravy (I may make my own clubhouse gravy which is low in fat and junk that my mother's gravy will be full of) and chew the heck out of everything - christmas day marks the start of phase 3 for me.

How about you?

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

TammyS74
on 12/20/13 9:51 am - Canada

I just started introducing pureed stuff today I mashed a small potatoe with 1% milk and a lil bit o cream of mushroom soup.  Sp far I jabe tolerated it just fine.  I think tomorrow I am going hav a poaches egg and pureed meatloaf lol.  As for xmas I called  and the dietician said yes to swiss chalet sauce and chicken!  Xmas day i guess pureed turley club house gravy and pots?  I am just short of minces aren't I?  The 25th is 19days out...... BTW I am down to 262 but m tviker wnt change lol

highlandbear
on 12/19/13 11:56 am - Canada

Most people can do gravy but I can not touch it. I end up feeling sick. I would do a research and see if you can find out the calories of there sauce and how much salt is in it. Be safe make your own

Patm
on 12/19/13 11:04 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have no issues with the sauce. My husband and I split a 1/2 chicken dinner since all i eat is the thigh/leg. He gets the fries bun and the rest of the chicken.

TammyS74
on 12/20/13 9:52 am - Canada

verdict is yes swiss chalet for  xmas eve lol

Most Active