Ottawa pre surgery class tomorrow

mmona
on 12/17/13 2:20 am

Hi I am going to a pre surgery class in Ottawa tomorrow.  My last step before meeting the surgeon.  What information will I get from this class? 

Zizzler
on 12/17/13 7:46 am

I also would like to know what they cover.  May I ask how long it has take you so far?  I am out of Ottawa too and it feels like to takes sooo long....

mmona
on 12/17/13 9:17 pm

My referal was at the end of March 2013 and my group session was mid May.  More appointments in July and September  I ended up being diagnosed with Diabetes so had to go on meds and have my A1C levels tested after 3 months.  I received my go ahead to go to the final class and meeting with the surgeon at the end of November.  Group session today and meeting the surgeon on Jan 9th.  Hope to have my surgery before March. So with all that being said it takes between 10 months and 1 year.  Good luck with your journey

Zizzler
on 12/18/13 5:29 am

Thank you!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

aidan
on 12/17/13 10:15 am - Canada
I went through Ottawa had my surgery in February. The class is informative but stuff I knew already from my own research. There is a talk from the behaviourist and the dietician and people ask a lot of questions which is good. There is a lot of talk about journalling and recovery. In my class there was about ten other people. Good luck!

mmona
on 12/17/13 9:12 pm

Great thanks so much.  I am looking forward to it today and I am meeting the surgeon on Jan 9th.  It is getting closer and very exiting.  I can't wait

Most Active