What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 12/13/13 6:36 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Should have weighed myself this morning before I had breakfast and 2 cups of coffee.....because I don't think it will be pretty tomorrow for my weekly weigh in after tonights dinner!......however, this regain will take some time to come off

Prepping today for our dinner party tonight.....I have gone to way too much trouble.....but it will be fun....fortunately my pouch will prevent me from consuming too much in one sitting......still will be a high caloric day for me

STEPS - 8860....not bad for sitting at a desk in the morning and a long luncheon in the afternoon......

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - bowl of spicy chicken Thai soup

prosciutto, veggies and olive relish on 3 inches of the best baguette in the world....( pane fresco!)

D - 100 calories worth of assorted appetizers....dont want to fill up on these

leaf lettuce - walnut and blue cheese salad with maple vinaigrette

3 oz beef tenderloin with 1 TB of Madeira sauce

1 roasted fingerling potato

2 spears of asparagus

Lemon curd tart with raspberry coulis

assorted cheese with 4 crackers

2 glasses of Amarone spread out over the evening

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,691,  Carbs - 134 grams,  Fat - 41 grams,  Protein - 85 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one and be safe in the snow!!!    mail

G_mama_d
on 12/13/13 7:17 pm - North Bay, Canada

Barb your dinner menu looks great, enjoy.

i am less than one week away from surgery.

my day will consist of opti, opti and more opti along with water, broth, decaf tea & coffee and s/f jello for dessert. In all honesty it has not been as bad as i expected.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

birdiegirl
on 12/13/13 7:48 pm

I have made it all before and it is tasty......

Enjoy the opti....I liked not having to worry about what I was going to eat.....just think of where you will be next year at this time....feeling healthy!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/13 9:09 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

May I come to dinner please?  Everything sounds wonderful but food is just half the fun of a good party, company can make it or break it.  Have a fun evening Barb.

Nothing too exciting going on here today except for moving of things around before our contractor gets back Monday.  I'm making a few batches of quinoa granola today and a few batches of nuts and bolts.  I have to get this out of the way before he is here or my food may be full of compound dust.  I'm giving these away as part of gifts to people so would prefer to leave the dust out :)  DH is home so my back gets a break since he will do the heavy carrying.

B - protein shake

L - chili or at least I think it's chili that I took out this time, if not then it's minestrone soup, 1 oz old cheddar

S - greek yogurt with some homemade granola on it as it should be ready by then

D - orange beef stir fry

I'm having some red wine tonight so likely 13 oz since I usually share a bottle with the old man.

Sunny123
on 12/13/13 9:29 pm, edited 12/13/13 9:38 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Barb – Your menu sounds amazing – enjoy your night. Today is my husband's Birthday.

B- Egg, ¼ c milk, two slices of multigrain melba toast

S- Danone – Silhouette Fat Free Greek Yogurt Vanilla twist, loaded with 2 scoops LeanFit Vanilla Protein

Lunch – homemade pumpkin soup (my Mother in Law made this for me) with ¼ c milk added – and two scoops of skim milk powder

S- Nordica Fat Free Cottage Cheese

D- a recipe from my Post-Op NUT book – Mexican Delight (kidney beans, refried beans, low sodium salsa and chili powder (calls for low sodium salsa will do my best to find it). Fitness Pal did not have a low sodium option to pick in the recipe calculator hence my higher sodium today.

Calories        Carbs          Fat        Protein   Sodium  Sugar

587                    58           15           74           1563       28         

Question – I am eating ½ c a meal and am having absolutely no issues. I am 9 days post-op. I fear stretching my pouch but I also think I will be okay as long as I measure – any feedback on that?

OT – Hate to mention in the food thread but my black stool issue no longer exists – thank you God - I was very worried!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 12/13/13 11:02 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like you are doing great. 1/2 c will not stretch your pouch. Eventually you will do up to 1 c. Glad the black stools have resolved

Sunny123
on 12/13/13 11:12 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thank you Pat, you're such a sweetie!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 12/13/13 11:08 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Have fun tonight. You will probably work off the calories getting ready and being hostess. I am hoping to go for a long walk this morning. Unfortunately woke up with my cold worse and progressing to my lungs. So I will see how far I get. Need to pick up some final items for Monday's work party. A Secret Santa gift and for my boss. Also need to grocery shop.

b skim milk, coffee, protein shake

l chili

d stuffed peppers.

So far this is all I have planned. Will drink lots of tea and water

kellybelly333
on 12/14/13 3:02 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi all. I'm still struggling. Up 5 pounds now. Back to goal weight, and it's uncomfortable here. Went to hot yoga this morning and that was good. Busy the rest of the weekend. Two parties tonight and York Region support group in the afternoon and an open house after.

getting my hair done at four, so hoping that lifts me up a bit. 

B: protein coffee

L: omelet

D:very unknown. A Paris theme apparently....cheese? :)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 12/14/13 3:30 am - Newmarket, Canada

Good afternoon mail

Not alot going on today.. hmmm well maybe, lol. I spent a while wrapping gifts earlier and now we are getting ready to go finish our Christmas shopping. Hubby made breakie this morning, it is nice for him to do that :)

B- homemade homefries, scrambled egg w/cheese, 2 slices bacon

S- fibre one bar

L- ham and cheese quesadilla w/salsa and sour cream

S- 1/2c corn twists, protein shake

D- going out ... I will likely have soup and maayyybe a bite of whatever DH gets

S- not really sure at all... 

all liquids and vitamins in

Have an awesome rest of the day 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active