Can I do This???

Cottagenanny
on 12/13/13 2:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Thanks to all that replied.  :)     I guess I'm still a nervous nelly, but after my appointment today am more determined than ever to go forward.  Talked again to my husband, kids and rest of family and after some crying and soul searching have realized if I don't take this opportunity I may never get the chance again.  I am 51 years old with one grandchild and another on the way, and I want to be around to enjoy them.  I also want to start living my life again and to stop being the homebody this weight and loss of self confidence has made of me.

So my operation is scheduled for Monday February 3rd 2014 at the TWH, they originally had me in on January 20th but I asked them for a slightly later date so I can be more prepared.  I work for a daycare agency providing home daycare so I have to talk to my worker and the parents to arrange back-up care for the time I will be off.   I told the parents of this process when I first started and they have all been on board and very supportive, just didn't think my surgery would be this quick.

Again thanks for all your support - it definitely helps to hear from others who have been there or are going through the same issues now.  :)

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

Sunny123
on 12/13/13 6:41 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

You've made the right choice, I can tell by what you've written.

Please make sure you take enough time off before you go back to child care - lifting isn't good!

Just think of the energy you will have after!

I turn 50 next year in October and I know this operation is going to make me very excited about my 50's....I could not imagine how down I would be if I hadn't done this.

Congratulations and good for you in making sure you're well prepared....I see nothing but success for you!

P.S.  Congratulations on your soon to be new family member!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active