feeling so cold after i eat

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/13 4:01 am

anyone else start to freeze after a meal ... and feel the need to take a nap?  then, about 30 min later, your body temp comes back and your energy returns?

the plight of losing a tremendous amount of weight in a fast period of time.

pcgreatlakes
on 12/14/13 5:36 am - Canada

I AM FROZEN ALL THE TIME.  And at night, when I have snuggled into my blankets...I shiver so much.....I realized it's because I am dehydrated a bit I guess...when your body has more fluids in it, it can regulate your temperature better.  I was not a thirsty person prior to the VSG and still struggle with getting in enough liquid in a day.  This also plays a role in the slow weight loss for me.  I average only about 2 lbs a week...if that.  I am almost 9 weeks post op. 

Referred June 2012.  Surgery Oct 15/2013 Dr. Irbach TWH VSG. Starting weight 287lbs. Started OPTI weight 260. Goal Weight 160lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/13 7:23 am

i am getting in lots of liquids -- but i am still cold.  

i am slow as well in my weight loss -- but at least i am consistent.  i have dropped about 4lbs in the last 5 days -- which is  a lot for me.  

i think i am gettign in enough protein --- this icicle feeling is crazy -- but all me blood work is good.

LittleMiss2013
on 12/14/13 8:44 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

The cold thing is a common side effect of surgery or so I have read. I know I am freeeezing a lot of the time...and I am normally a person who LOVES the cold and can't stand the heat. However....I now sleep with my pj's AND my robe...AND 2 blankets....and I am still freezing, lol. I was starting to think it had something to do with my vitamins. It seems to kick in and get worse after I take my vitamins or drink my protein shake.

I wonder if I will still be freezing in the summer when it's like 30 degrees out? Would be nice to have a built in air conditioner and not be sweating my ass off for once, lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/13 8:56 am

rofl -- i never thought of this one!  good point!  :D

Leanne1
on 12/14/13 10:38 am - Newmarket, Canada

I frrreeeeeeeeeze all the time!! I am 3.5yrs post-op. Aaaaaand YES, I freeze in the summer too!! I sometimes have to wear a sweater, in 30c weather. One time we went swimming and the water was beeeaautiful and I had to get out and wrap up in a blanket to warm up.... 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active