Wake up call

Caroline K.
on 12/14/13 2:29 am

Was phoned on Friday to attend the Guelph post-op class on December 30th! That was quite a wake-up call, since I was warned I'd be weighed. I've had a bad attack of periostitis (inflammation of the periosteum and tendons in the lower legs) for the past three months, and have only recently been able to get back on track with going to the gym. I also tend to crave carbs when I'm not feeling well, so I need to get my ass in gear and get back on track. Thankfully, I have the next few weeks off, so I can focus on working out and eating properly. Time to get psyched, and be accountable! Thanks for reading...

kimber291
on 12/14/13 4:49 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I don't want to sound rude, but how far out are you? If your already straying and eating things you shouldn't be sounds like you need to be meeting with the dietician. Would hate to see you gain back what you have lost and then some. 

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. 

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Caroline K.
on 12/14/13 5:50 am

Oh, that's not rude, Kim, I'm still pre-op and working on a couple of issues I have with food. Being ill makes me crave carbs, and while I didn't go overboard, I did indulge some. I also have been yo-yoing on the same 10 lbs for a few months since I wasn't able to do more than walk short distances, at most. The inflammation is finally starting to heal, so I can get back into the morning routine of going to the gym for cardio and weights. I've started back, but now it's time to refocus.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/13 7:00 am

Hi,

I went to the post op class this past Monday, and this is what we were told. 

yes they do weigh you, if you have gained more than 2-5 pounds you will have to have another appointment with a nutritionist to get you back on track before you see the surgeon, which unfortunately means it prolongs having surgery.  If you are maintaining or have lost weight then you are fine. Do you think you have gained alot?

With Christmas coming up and all the goodies we all have to be careful. lol 

Caroline K.
on 12/14/13 7:37 am

Thanks, that's good to know. I don't think I gained a lot, but that's a good incentive to get to the gym and work hard. I've also purged the house of the last of the trigger foods and crappy carbs, which will help. Luckily a friend has graciously volunteered to take them ;)

healthynewlife
on 12/15/13 1:01 pm, edited 12/15/13 1:01 pm - Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Congrats, they must have been approved for more surgeries before the fiscal year end. Do you mind sharing when were you cleared? I'm waiting for the phone call, it seems like it's taking forever. ..I was cleared at the end of October. J
Caroline K.
on 12/15/13 7:48 pm

Thanks! I was cleared August 19th. So, it does take a while.

Most Active